1st Trimester
Options

Possible Blighted Ovum- Any point to do the hCG test?

Hello! 

Based on my LMP I'm about 7.5 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby (unplanned, breastfeeding, 2nd PP cycle, could have conceived a bunch of different times!). I had an US on Tuesday in which my gestational sac measured 5w6d. I was able to see the yolk sac, but no baby, heartbeat, or fetal pole so I'm concerned about the potential for a blighted ovum. I'm repeating the US in 2 weeks and scheduled to complete hCG testing tomorrow and Monday, but I'm wondering if there is even a point. Unless the levels are super low, will I have any way to know if there is a baby in there? Would you bother with the testing? I'm obsessing over the BO and the hCG numbers will be one more thing for me to obsess over until my ultrasound. 
                                                                               4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
              imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

Re: Possible Blighted Ovum- Any point to do the hCG test?

• Options
    Definitely do the hcg test. I was having tons if cramping so had an ultrasound done also at 5 weeks 6 days. It didn't show anything but the sac. They mentioned blighted ovum to me. I did the HCG test and my levels were still going up so I was told to wait 2 weeks until my official appointment. At the 7 week appointment the doctor could see the baby and also see the heartbeat and it was totally normal. Don't give up yet. 5 eeks is sometimes too early.
  • Options
    Follow up: I had another ultrasound and everything was perfect. Saw the baby and heard and saw the heartbeat. Baby #3 is officially coming in October! 
                                                                                   4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"