April 2015 Moms

How much did LO weigh at 31 weeks?

I had an U/S today at 31 weeks and 1 day and LO weighs about 3lbs 14oz. He is in the 51st percentile. I am a little worried since the last U/S about a month ago he was in the 70th percentile. My OB did not seem concerned but I can't help but think his growth is slowing down.

I know every baby is different but I was wondering what your LO weighed at 31 weeks?

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How much did LO weigh at 31 weeks?

• My baby girl weighed 3 lbs 15 oz at 33 weeks 3 days. Don't worry so much about the weight, babies gain most of their weight towards the end of pregnancy.
  • edited February 2015
    I wouldn't worry about the growth decrease. It is very possible your baby is just waiting to go through another growth spurt. At 28 weeks my baby was measuring in the 85th percentile at 2 pounds, 12 ounces.

At 32 weeks he measured at in the 54th percentile at 3 pounds 12 ounces. Recently, at my 34 week appointment, he weighed in at 5 pounds, 4 ounces, and in the 75th percentile.

Like I said, don't worry so much, especially if your doctor isn't. Each baby grows at different speeds and will go through growth spurts. I hope this eases your anxiety. Good luck. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • If your doctor isn't worried why are you?

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• At 29wks my little one was 3lb 4oz. I haven't had another scan since then.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Thank you ladies. I am worried b/c I am high risk already and I lost my daughter so my PGAL brain is going wild right this second. LO is probley just waiting to go through another growth spurt.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Scans are notoriously inaccurate for weight. Try and take your doctor's word for it. Very sorry for your loss.
  • That's a totally normal weight for that gestation. DS1 was born at 31 weeks +5 days and he weighed 3lbs 13oz at birth.
  • I just had my 33 week appointment. Baby boy was measuring 6 pounds 3 ounces. Holy heck I hope it's off.
  • 31 weeks baby was 4lbs 5 oz- 95th percentile
  • My US was no where near accurate.  Just know the measurements inside don't always reflect accurately.  It's a calculation and an estimate.  My DD was 95th percentile and they thought she was going to be huge.  She was 7lb 6oz.

At my 32 week, baby on the US measured 5lb, OB estimates 5.5lb.  I am not putting a lot of stock in it.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• 4lbs even at 31w4d. Perinatologist wasn't concerned and said that was a good weight.
  • In my first pregnancy, we had a scan that proved to be off by two pounds. There is a huge margin of error. If your doctor is not worried, try to keep that in mind. I realize how hard that is after a loss, believe me. Hugs.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • 30 weeks 1 day . 2lbs 4 oz in the 8th percentile .
  • tncastncas member
    Ultrasounds are just educated guesses. With my first we had an ultrasound the day before she suprised us and arrived early. They said she weighed 7lb and 5oz. She only weighed 5lb and 10oz so they were way off!
  • Most pregnancies don't get ultrasounds outside the initial and anatomy scan, so I have no idea how much she weighs in there.

... and if your doctor isn't worried, relax. They do this every day.

Yes. This! I wish I had an idea :/ worried I'm carrying a pork chop in there LOL
  • Just had my scan at 33 weeks and my little beanie is weighing in at 6 lb 14 ounces and is on 97 percentile. They actually seemed more worried by how big he was more than everything else. I don't see the doctor until next Friday so maybe we will find out more then! Getting super excited though! Ready to have this kiddo!
  • Ya @ 25 weeks my baby was 1 pound 13 ounces n 30 weeks @ 4 pounds
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"