November 2015 Moms
Options

First Appointment

Intake and blood work with OB nurse was today. She is sending me straight over to high risk side of the house. They also want me to go ahead and have a Cardiology intake. I have my next appointment on the 17, I will be 7w2d and my Cardio appointment on the 19th. Now I need to break the news to boss man as I expect to be very busy initially with appointments. And finanlly, I pick up my glucose machine tonight.
****Siggy Warning***
~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

Re: First Appointment

• Options
    Oh I see you have answered my question from the other post :-) Glad you got in to see a Dr so quick. I will prob try and hold out until I'm 6-7 weeks so I can see a heartbeat when I go in.  Are you high risk just because of AMA or is it something else like diabetes (glucose machine)? Im wondering if they will treat me different the second time around now because of my age. I dont feel any different than 2 years ago but I have officially crossed that line so Im sure there will be more tests. Hopefully your Boss can keep the news to himself so that you can tell other people when you are ready. I would feel nervous saying anything before the first tri was over but I know everyone is different. At your next Apt will they do an ultrasound? If so you will need to post a  pic!
  • Options
    I wanted to get things going and get a piece of mind as well.  I am high risk because I am diabetic, history of Pulmonary Embolisms and I had Peri Partum Cardiomyopathy with my son.  I am at risk of a relapse.  I don't think it will be much of a difference.  One good thing at this age, insurance will pay for the MatriT21 test. It is more accurate and bonus, if you want to know you can kind out the sex of the baby. I don;t know if they will do an u/s at my next appointment. she said they do them at 12/13 and 18/20 weeks.  But she did say they may do more checking things out with me. Plus with the diabetics (I was gestational with kid 1 & 3) I will have biophysical profiles most likely done ever two weeks to weekly at the end.  

I do want to keep it hush until April when I am in 2nd trimester, I hope he will keep it quiet. He took it well and was supportive. He said if I wan't feeling good or needed to I could work from home more.  Which is nice to know. I work 70 miles from home.  
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see, yeah I'm torn on the matriT21 test. I'd love to know everything but am nervous about the procedure. I guess I have time to think about it. Glad your boss was so understanding! That much be such a relief :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"