August 2015 Moms

Sharp Pain right rib cage

Has anyone else experienced sharp pain on the right side. Mine is located right below my right breast, like where my bra wire is. It feels like I'm being stabbed (or what I imagine that would feel like). I plan to call my doctor when they open in 1.5 hours but thought I'd look for input here first.

Re: Sharp Pain right rib cage

• I'm 17wks today but that happened to me a few weeks ago, same place but on my left side. It felt like a stabbing or a super sharp cramp on and off again for about 30 minutes. It went away and I haven't felt it since. I've had a doc appointment since then and everything was fine.
  • Thanks @Robin910 it seems to have eased up a little bit but is still achy. I'm hopeful that it will just go away soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a rib out that I didn't know about a couple weeks ago. Doc put it back in, but my cartilage and muscles inbetween my ribs inflammed and it was sharp and MISERABLE. Try icing it for 20 min and 40 min off. I ended up having to take flexeril for two days because I was in some serious pain for a week straight. You can call your doc, but I would also check with a chiropractor. You may be out.
  • Round ligament pain! It sucks.. A lot. It was so bad with my first I couldn't breathe and almost considered a trip to the ER, luckily I hate hospitals and decided to wait it out.. My doctor confirmed RLP.
  • My doctor said it's round ligament pain. I didn't realize RLP went into the upper abdomen, thought it was local to the lower abdomen. Learning new things everyday!
    Tylenol and lots of water!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"