August 2015 Moms

Scary thought..

I'm 16.5 weeks and tomorrow I go in to get my blood drawn and do the procedure to see if my baby has downsyndrom or any other type of informality (I forgot what the process is called) I was just curious since I am a FTM how common these things are.

Answers

• How common are the test or the results coming back that there is possible down syndrome?
  • The results coming back positive. I'm just curious because this hasn't even crossed my mind until recently.
  • Loading the player...
  • You must be talking about your anatomy scan. You can look up percentages for all the different abnormalities. It's normal to feel concerned and nervous.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited February 2015

I got my second round of blood taken and I get my results back next week. I was driving myself crazy at first thinking about it. I mean, lets face it,  It is a very scary thing to think about. But I find it best that I don't look things up online or read too much into it unless the time comes where I have to.  Stay positive and don't let yourself get worked up. here is a link that you might find useful. god bless :)https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/parenting/child-rearing-and-development/down-syndrome/how-frequently-does-down-syndrome-occur

Always hold on to hope ❤
  • The odds are small for those sorts of things to begin with, so try not to worry too much. My sister-in-law has DS and is one of the most amazing, interesting people I've ever met.
  • I know what you mean, just got all of my tests done yesterday. Waiting for the results is torture. My midwife said unless there is any history in the family of DS the chances are very low. It also has a lot to do with your age but even if you are older the chances are slim. Try not to worry too much :)
  • My anatomy scan is March 16. I have tried not to worry about those things. I have looked up percentages online but trying my best to enjoy being pregnant and not worrying or stressing. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"