May 2015 Moms

question for other mommy's 30 weeks!

jaydenmommy03jaydenmommy03 member
edited February 2015 in May 2015 Moms
This is my second pregnancy and its completely different! I never had Braxton hicks with my first, but maybe im experiencing them now?? It feels like im cramping but not bad but my belly just feels really full and tight im 30 weeks tommorow. My lower back is hurting. I dont feel all this is bad enough to go to the hospital but im uncomfortable and kinda worried why my belly feels this way. If any of you mommys have been thur something like this please let me no so I can rest better! Thank you

Re: question for other mommy's 30 weeks!

• I'm not sure if it's normal but I'm 30 weeks and I have BH contrax all the time and then I also have the cramping like menstrual cramps. I'm assuming I'm fine? Nothing else has indicated I should go to hospital. This is my second. I see my OB every other week and each appointment is fine, and I've been having this for about 5 weeks now.
  • Ok thank u I mean im not bleeding or in A LOT of pain its just different it started tonight had.me kinda worried I dont go back to the doc for another 2 weeks! Thank u
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 30 weeks tomorrow as well. I explained my menstrual like cramps and BH feelings to my OB at my last appointment, and she didn't seem to hunk it was anything to be concerned about. This is my first pregnancy.
  • Drink lots and lots of water and hopefully that will help. I'm 30 weeks almost and the couple times I have had cramps I drank a bunch of water. And that really helped relieve them. Thoughts and prayers to you for relief. <3
  • Thank you I've been drinking water maybe not enough!
  • I am also 30 weeks and feeling the same way. Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions and low back pain. I didn't see my doctor at my last appointment but the ARNP I saw did say its more common with a second pregnancy and she didn't seem worried. I find that drinking coconut water helps and a warm bath also calms down the contractions.
  • I'm not 30 weeks yet, but I had some cramping one day, bad enough that I thought I was going to be bleeding, but I realized I was just constipated. And I don't think BH are always painful, mine have just been uncomfortable too.
  • Im 31 weeks and ive experienced the same thing. Alot of BH! They come on randomly all throughout the day.. As long as your not experiencing the 511 everything is fine. (paintul contractions coming every 5 minutes... Lasting a minute.. For 1 hour)
  • I read you should be drinking about 5 litres a day. If I don't drink enough, I get painful BH, so get watering ;)
  • I'm 30 weeks and got my first at 20 weeks, as long as your not bleeding it is normal, but drinking water really does help
  • I've had them too but mine are not painful. My midwife suggested drinking lots of water, warm baths or hot showers, and changing activities if they do get painful. Best of luck!
  • That sounds exactly how I felt with each of my other pregnancies and the tightening is beginning with this one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yep, this is normal.  Just keep hydrated / and drink more water. Change positions to see if the BH contractions stop.  I had BH with my DS from 30 weeks on and thankfully they didn't result in any dilation and I delivered at 39 weeks. I did end up going to emergency room twice during really bad bouts of BH, though, and they would just hook me up to the IV and deliver fluids until they stopped. With this pregnancy, I've been having BH already and it worries me.  

My OB has been pretty reassuring this time around and said that you're probably not going to have a baby in one or two hours, with just Braxton Hicks. If you've established that this is just a regular occurrance, just wait it out and see if they go away.  Just another annoying thing about pregnancy ;-( 
    Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • Thank you ladies I feel alot better reading all your responses :)
  • I was experiencing the same thing yesterday I have a track record of preterm labor but it was just tightening I felt not really pain just uncomfortable well I went to hospital last night got discharged this am and they where contractions I'm still getting them but they are not dialating me so I'm on meds and they gave me steriod shots ! I'd get checked to be safe ! Good luck
  • I told my doctor about how I was feeling and she suggested a maternity belt. After wearing it for only one day, things feel much better. Don't know if it will help you, but it certainly did me!
  • I asked my doctor if it was normal that I'm more crampy this pregnancy. This is my second. And she said it's very common!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"