Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro - First Miscarriage & First pregnancy

caitlinkrgcaitlinkrg member
edited February 2015 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
I am 25 years old and just started trying to get pregnant with my husband.  It came as surprise it happened within a month of trying.  At this time I am approximately 9 weeks.  Yesterday I went to the ER to be reassured because I've had some brown spotting/discharge.  Few people said it could be nothing and many women have it and I read that as well online.  I felt that I would feel much better if I heard it from a Dr. not expecting this horrible news.  They took my blood, urine sample, and conducted a transvaginal ultrasound.  The Dr. came in later and told me that the baby had no heartbeat and they believed it has died.  My heart is broken and I feel so lost.  I am in the military far away from my family and this has been challenging and its only been a day.  I went in to the OB today to get my followup accomplished...they didn't do anything not even double check.  They basically explained my options and made an appointment for me on Wednesday and blood drawn tomorrow.  One thing they did tell me that the ER Dr didn't was that the baby was measuring 2 weeks smaller than it was supposed to. I don't know why but myself and my husband have a little bit of hope that the baby is okay...that perhaps they just couldn't find the heartbeat or that the baby is younger than they think.  

I want to ask for an ultrasound picture.  I am not sure how to mourn this baby that is still inside of me. I've never seen it or held it.
Its been over 24 hours since and I am only still spotting. No cramps or bleeding.

Re: Intro - First Miscarriage & First pregnancy

• I am so sorry you're going through this.  I recently went through my first miscarriage (second baby).  I was 8 weeks pregnant but my baby had died more at 5-6 weeks and we found out by ultrasound.

If this helps you any I spotted brown stuff for almost 3 days, then full on bleeding.  Do you want to go through it naturally?  That may be an option, if you want to see your baby....just remember there's a risk you could still need surgery after all that.

Please keep us updated.  I understand the horrible feeling and waiting you're going through right now.  I'm so sorry.
  • I'm so sorry your going through this. I should be 10 weeks and found out baby didn't make it past 7 weeks 5 days. I've had 2 u/s to confirm plus blood work. I also wanted to ask for a picture but didn't. I'm hoping to go through this naturally. I'm not quite sure how to mourn either. I feel myself being very short with people and on the verge of tears for the most part. I hope you find some answers soon. Praying for healthy pregnancies!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am very sorry for your loss! I just miscarried completely yesterday after 4 days of bleeding. I was measuring at 5W 1 day for an entire week so the baby stopped growing a week prior. I was very excited because this was my first pregnancy ever. I am 24 so I thought I would be the case but that wasn't the case. I have heard and read that if it's the first pregnancy, usually your body would miscarry because it's not used to the hormones that comes along with the pregnancy. I am sad as well but if God didn't permit it for whatever reason then I cannot complain. Only He knows what's best. 

Also, I am very sad that you are dealing with this alone. I really hope you find comfort in God and if you want to keep trying for another then I hope you have a healthy pregnancy. 
  • Brown spotting is considered old blood which apparently a lot of people get. When you start having clotting, backache, red blood and cramping is when you know.
    I started with brown and then got the rest of the symptoms described within a couple of days. Was 7 weeks. Went to the ER and there was a sac with nothing in it. Best way to know for sure is to test the hcg levels again and if they drop then u know.
    Have my fingers crossed for you that it's nothing. Worst part is not knowing. Just try to relax until then. Hugs!
  • kborders15kborders15 member
    edited April 2015
    Im so sorry you are going through this. I am 25 as well And was 11 weeks when I found out the baby no longer had a heart beat but they said it had happened about 2 weeks before. The day I went to the doctor I had just started having brown spotting and the real pain and bleeding didnt start till a few days later.
    I was hoping they were wrong too and had just missed it but my body told me different.
    Saying a little prayer for you!
    im sorry your family is so far from. Just try to talk to them as much as possible. it really helps to talk about it and deal with the feelings and pain.
    This is such a common thing that we dont hear about. Doesnt mean it wont happen in the future!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"