Infertility

Trying Clomid for the first time

Hi Ladies,
I feel like I've been TTC for so long, and yet have so far to go. I think we all do, though, don't we?

In my and DH's case, we had a lot of false starts… I have a condition that we thought might be made worse (permanently) by pregnancy, only to find out that it's not as big a deal as we thought. We've spent the last four years cycling through ideas of adoption, surrogacy, TTC, and stressing about each. All of these false starts make me feel like I've wasted fertile years. I'm going to be 33 soon, which I know isn't bad, but I really wish we hadn't been spooked about my condition when I was 29.

I'm pretty new to fertility treatment -- tonight will be my third Clomid pill ever. No side-effect that I've noticed so far… but I'm a little worried about the trigger shot later! 

I hope you ladies are doing well. Thanks for listening to me!

Re: Trying Clomid for the first time

• I used Clomid 3 years ago to conceive my daughter. Luckily for me it worked on the first round and I never had to increase the dose (more chances of side effects and twins etc. with higher doses).
    I am on Provera right now to get my cycles back on track since I went on Depo Provera for a while for BC. I have Clomid on hand waiting for time. :) 
    It of course doesn't work for everyone...but be positive :)  I went through many years of TTC with failure before I turned to Clomid. My daughter was well worth the stress and hurdles. My prayers and best wishes are sent your way!
    ****************************************************************************************************
  • Thank you -- and congratulations to you on your baby girl!

I appreciate the kind words. I know stressing out is the worst thing you can do, but it's so hard to not worry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, you had mentioned a condition that made you rethink the idea of pregnancy. I myself have Primary Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome. Women with it often have miscarriages, as it is a blood clotting disorder. Also much increased risk of stroke/heart attack during pregnancy/labor. 
    With most conditions (no matter how scary) with close monitoring and care you can have a safe pregnancy and beyond. 
    I had (and will have to again) give myself heparin blood thinner injections every 12 hours during pregnancy. Not a pleasant task but well worth the love and joy that my daughter brings. 
    Keep us all posted on your progress. Hopefully your will soon be posting to celebrate your BFP :)

****************************************************************************************************
  • Hi,
     I started taking Clomid (2, 50 mg pills) today, after Femara failed to grow follicules to desired size. I'm so nervous because I didn't think I'd have any problems getting medication to work. I really hope Clomid does it, cause if it doesn't I'd have to start on injectables.

My DH and I have been trying to conceive since July 2012 but haven't been succesful because of his low sperm count, motility and morph. After taking Clomid himself ( count only improved by 1,000), RE prescribed him Femara. After 3 months it improved from 800,000 to 10,000,000. 

I'm thinking it all depends on the person. What works for one might not work for the other. Best example: My DH and I. Femara did wonders for him but didn't do anything for me. Let's just hope Clomid works for me.

Anniversary
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
    Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
    TTC #1: Since July 2012
    Me: PCOS
    DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
    Started with RE 10/14
    IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
    IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
    Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

• Hi!
    I just joined a few days ago and I too have just started taking clomid as of today. So I have my fingers crossed.
    I have PCOS and we have been TTC (hopefully I get these aabbreviations right, there are so many) for a year now.
    How have gone with the side effects? I am really hoping they are minimal for me.
    Fingers crossed to u all for positive results :)
  • Hi starkoley!!
       I haven't gotten many side effects while taking Clomid. 2 that I can point out are night sweats and swollen hands and wrists. I started spotting on my last day taking femara but after taking Clomid for about 3 days the spotting stopped. So I would say that so far Clomid has worked better than Femara.  I have an appointment with RE on Friday. Hopefully this round works. Good luck to you!!!! 

Anniversary
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
    Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
    TTC #1: Since July 2012
    Me: PCOS
    DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
    Started with RE 10/14
    IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
    IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
    Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

• LposeLpose member
    I'm also on my first round of clomid and tomorrow is my last day for the cycle. I haven't had any side effects at all. Hopefully it does what it's supposed to do! We have a healthy & happy 3 year old and the pregnancy and TTC process was a breeze with her so not sure why we can't get pregnant for the 2nd time.....Praying to get pregnant again soon & for all of you! :)
  • While I had to stop taking Clomid to wait until we see what DH's S/A problem is, I took Clomid for one cycle (on days 5-9). The only side effect that I had was terrible cramps.

I hope that Clomid works for you and you don't have to worry about injections! Best of luck! :) 
  • I took Clomid for the first time this month - and didn't have too many side effects other than occasional hot flashes at night, but the WORST is that I am hungry ALL. THE. TIME. Anyone else TTC that have taken Clomid having the same issue?? I swear I've gained like 7-8 pounds already and it's only been a couple weeks!!! I take my trigger shot of HCG tonight - have a couple follicles ready. Here's hopin!
  • So I just took my last clomid pill today. And I have not had any side effects at all. I was so worried as I normally have extreme mood swings when I have AF and thought I might go crazy but completely normal.
    Is everyone just having blood tests to determine they ovulated or having US too? I have only been told to go back for blood test on day 21. And then have to see RE results.
  • Do you have a diagnosis, starkoley? Why did they put you on clomid?
  • Yeah I have PCOS. Periods were highly irregular and had blood and utrasounds to confirm. So was told to take clomid, he said we will trial it for 3 mths.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"