Breastfeeding
Options

Things Babies Do....

just wondering what fun/not so fun things your LOs do when feeding.

Mine likes to lick at my nipples and play a bit during feedings. He'll also smack at my breast and hold my hand/finger/shirt. On the flip side, he sometimes tugs way back and stretches my poor nipples or will decide not to nurse but chomp them. I've found at those times though he needs to burp or pass gas. It's funny after the pain is gone.

So what does your LO do?

Re: Things Babies Do....

• Options
    see8esee8e member
    edited February 2015
    The BEST is when she sweetly strokes my breast and chest with her hand. It gives me a chuckle when she's really hungry and the first 10 minutes she's snorting and her little eyes dart back and forth, seemingly saying, "ah sweet Jesus, this is good stuff!". Although tiring and time-consuming, BF really is such a sweet and precious experience with LO.
  • Options
    she usually pats my hand like we are playing patty cake or something. :) 
    sometimes she sticks her thumb in my belly button :( 
    other times she scratches me and breaks skin! 
    sometimes she stares at me intently it's the cutest thing

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When we were BF and pumping/bottle feeding he will play with his hair. not necessarily the back either. he looks like a contortionist trying to reach the top of his head!

• Options
    When the big one is really hungry, she will grab her ear or stick her finger in her eye, I dont approve of the self mutilation. Sometimes she just makes eye contact, sometimes both of them use their dragon talons to scratch at me.
    But my favorite is when I catch either of them giving the finger! I haven't caught themon camera yet, but I do laugh or smile to see it... gotta get that out of my system before they learn to repeat behaviors to elicit responses ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She always makes a funny face right before she latches on lol it's hysterical
  • Options
    LO likes to pull back, stare at my nipple intently, then pinch it. He also likes to stick his fingers in my mouth or hold my hand. Yesterday he was giving me high fives and giggling, all while latched on- it was hilarious!
  • Options
    My LO will sometimes cup my breast like a bottle. He will have a hand on each side of my breast. so cute. more recently, he will just sit and look at my with his big eyes.

on a less fun note, he has also recently developed the habit of taking my nipple in his mouth and then pulling away. That is not fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"