May 2015 Moms

Antibiotics

did anyone have to take macrobid for a uti? I'm stressing about taking it. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Re: Antibiotics

• My dr put me on Keflex which I've been on for almost a month now for recurring UTIs and will have to be on it for the remainder of my pregnancy. I was originally prescribed Macrobid, but they changed it because I was put into the hospital after it turned into a kidney infection that had gotten in my bloodstream. I know Macrobid is very commonly prescribed for UTI w pregnant women tho.
  • I've been on penicillin twice for strep, not the same but it is an antibiotic. I DID NOT want to take it but the risk of not taking it can be pretty bad

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've lost track of how many times I've been on antibiotics in the last nine months. I think it's been around eight or nine times.
    I'm on my second or third go of Amoxicillin since being pregnant because of uti issues. So far I've always caught them before they got to my kidneys. Though I have wondered this time because the pain was definitely different than any of the others I've had. I was trying to wait it out, hoping it would go away on it's own so I wouldn't have to do antibiotics. I gave up when the pain got weird. Today is the third day and it's finally going away.
    Baby has been moving lots, and my Dr is tuned in to everything. So I'm just hoping and praying baby is fine and choosing not to worry about it.
  • They prescribed me that at first but it didn't work for my uti. Now I have to take keflex everyday as well. I would rather not be on any prescriptions while pregnant, but it's better than getting too sick and being put in the hospital.
  • edited February 2015
    Thank you all so much for the advice! Being a rookie mom, I worry about everything :smile:
  • Just make sure you replace the bacteria you will be losing. Take a pro biotic and eat foods like kefir, yogurt, miso, sauerkraut etc. There are many issues directly related to the gut and flora and your baby is loosing good bacteria too so you need to replenish it. It's also good to take a probiotic regardless to keep the flora in your vagina healthy. This is all the advice of
    My midwife

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"