1st Trimester
Options

Progesterone and Breastfeeding?

Hi,
Baby measured 6 wks. 1 day. OB called and said progesterone level was low and prescribed progesterone 100 mg 2x a day. I never took this with any of my pregnancies, I did have a loss between my DSs.
 I am still nursing my two year old and am worried that I shouldn't take it while nursing. The nurse in the office said it is fine but I avoid taking any meds while nursing usually. I am torn on what to do...
Anyone has experience with this?
TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Progesterone and Breastfeeding?

• Options
    I am also nursing and taking progesterone. I figure it's ok because it is just a hormone our body produces anyway.
    *Formerly peainthepod?* TTC since 1/1/2006. All cycles BFN! IUI's & IVF with no luck. Emergency surgery 11/07 due to hemmoraging cyst on left ovary. 3rd HSG showed complete blockage of right tube (the good side), endo/cysts/adhesion removal 11/11. New start for 2012! Surprise BFP 6/17/12, due 2/12/13. It's a boy!!! Baby Boy born on January 26, 2013. 
  • Options
    I took it while nursing (after checking with my doctor and confirming with my pharmacist) with no ill effects. You could call Infantrisk (or Motherrisk, one is US and one is Canada, can't recall which is which) for extra piece of mind if you like.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! Also, I saw it is taken by some women as a vaginal suppository? My dr gave me an oral pill. Is there any difference?
  • Options
    Do you mind me asking if its an oral pill? I saw some women are taking it as a vaginal suppository. I am just wondering what the difference is...?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"