Breastfeeding

Supply almost gone

Just need to vent.. Suggestions welcome ....So after DD was born my milk was more than I needed, even started a freezer stash. Now, three weeks past, my milk is almost gone. I exclusively pump every three hours but since last weekend it's slowly going down. I have been digging into my supply since. I am on day three of fenugreek and eating lactation cookies...praying it kicks in soon! I don't wanna give up hope!?
Baby #1 MC November 2007
Baby #2 MC June 2008
Baby #3 Born April 2009
Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Supply almost gone

• I hope it works for you. I don't respond well to a pump so once my supply levels out I can't ever pump as much as baby needs. I nurse on demand and do just fine though. Good luck!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited February 2015
    Have you tried pumping more frequently? I don't know if you're working or sah, but from reading on here, sounds like especially in the early weeks it's important to pump more rather than less if you're EPing. I EP during the day (LO will only nurse at night when she's half asleep) and I pump every 2hrs. I go from a surplus in the AM to deficit in the PM so I have to combine pumps to make one size bottles for her. I could never meet her need if I pumped every 3 hrs...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"