August 2014 Moms

Mom passed away

My mom passed away yesterday. I Was very close to her. I would send her text messages everyday throughout the day with updates and pics of her grandchildren. She enjoyed seeing the pics and I enjoyed sending them. It was like daily therapy bc it is lonely sometimes being a sahm and she as a retiree would get lonely at home too. I feel lost now. Yesterday it hit me that my mom is not here and other people don't really care that my dd ate peas for lunch or that my ds did poops on the potty. My mom looked forward to the daily updates. I realized that continuing to document my kids growing is therapy for me. Does anyone know of any ways I can continue to do this? I thought about setting up an email address in her name to continue to send pics and stuff but I like to get a response back too lol. I was even desperate enough to consider setting up an out of office with a special message from her whenever I send stuff just so I can "feel" like she's still here. I'm not into posting baby pics or updates on fb/twitter. I've thought about starting a blog but I'm really a private person when it comes to sharing pics. Anyone have any ideas on how I can continue to feel like I'm sharing stuff with her. Is there an app for that lol? I feel lost and sharing my kids growing up helps me cope.

Re: Mom passed away

• I am sorry for your lost. If/when you're ready to talk about it, do you mind me asking if it was unexpected?
    That must be so hard to have been so close to her, then not have her physically there to share things with. Do you have any sisters or SIL?
    Maybe you could start a journal and address the entries to her.
    Maybe we could even do a weekly check in here on the bump so we can all give updates on the little things that matter to us.
    Once again, I am sorry for your loss. I'm wishing you strength through this tough time. Hang in there! and keep us updated.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Les2014's ideas seem like nice ideas to try.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry! I can't imagine what your going through! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers !!!
  • I lost my mom at about 6 months pregnant, and she and I talked several times a day, so I understand how hard it is to go from that to nothing. I have accidentally dialed her cell phone more times than I care to admit because I think, "I want to tell mom about that," and don't realize what I'm doing until. I hit that last number.

My mom had Facebook and I still tag her in anything I post about my LO. I log in as her occasionally, and she still gets private messages often from close family and friends. My sister travels often and she writes postcards and keeps them in a special box. There is a store here that will make bears with loved ones shirts, and i had one made with one of hers with a pocket on the back where I stick little notes and thoughts about LO, missing her, and anything that pops into my head that I would have called or texted her about.
    I'm so sorry for your loss , and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers ♡
  • I know what you are going through. My mom passed away on the first and I really miss her. I am so sorry for your lose. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone.
  • Les2014 said:
    I am sorry for your lost. If/when you're ready to talk about it, do you mind me asking if it was unexpected? That must be so hard to have been so close to her, then not have her physically there to share things with. Do you have any sisters or SIL? Maybe you could start a journal and address the entries to her. Maybe we could even do a weekly check in here on the bump so we can all give updates on the little things that matter to us. Once again, I am sorry for your loss. I'm wishing you strength through this tough time. Hang in there! and keep us updated.

Yes it was unexpected. She was hospitalized one day and died the next. We weren't expecting the worse to happen. She had internal bleeding that they couldn't stop. I have siblings and we are supporting each other but they are so busy with their own lives. Sometimes I just need someone to talk to or just vent. My mom was the type that I could talk to at any time. She'd make time for me and her grandchildren. Right now my extended family and friends are showing support. I'm worried about when everybody gets back into their routine. I feel surrounded by people yet lonely. Even these boards get a bit slow sometimes. And I'm sure that no one cares what my dd had for lunch.
  • I know what you are going through. My mom passed away on the first and I really miss her. I am so sorry for your lose. 

I'm sorry for your loss. Without sounding creepy maybe we can pm each other.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom passed away 13 yrs ago. She never saw me get married or have my son. It's tough, but it does get easier over time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"