High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

High grade cervical dysplasia during pregnancy

I'm 13 weeks along with my second pregnancy. With my first, I was automatically put into the high risk category because I have a heart condition. Later into the pregnancy, I had some other complications including preterm labor and a seriously gnarly case of GD towards the third tri. 

So far, this time around everything is pretty chill, as it was with my first. But I got an abnormal pap result for the first time. My OB could tell from the pap alone that I have HPV, it's a strain that causes cervical cancer and the dysplasia is probably high grade. So I got a colposcopy to take a closer look. Then the doc confirmed that it was high grade dysplasia and I would need surgery to have it removed. But she wouldn't biopsy because I'm pregnant. She said it's usually quite slow growing, so we can just wait until my 6 week pp appointment to do a LEEP and biopsy at that time. 

Maybe it's just my high risk mindset, but I am freaked the f out. I'm not really a "wait and see" kind of person and waiting until September/October to deal with this seems like a looong time from now. I see my MFM doc soon and I'll be getting his opinion on this as well. Dr. Google is full of doom and labor/delivery complications, none of which my OB mentioned. Does anyone have any experience or insight with this? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"