Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

First RE Appointment has finally occurred

I've been meaning to post this for at least two weeks but just have been so ridiculously busy I haven't had a chance.  I finally had my first RE appointment a few weeks ago where we basically just went over the basics and he sent me for all the standard (and some not standard) bloodwork.  He also did a 3D ultrasound of my uterus to see what it looked like.  He noted that it was shaped a bit oddly, not heartshaped but did have a slight dip to to the top and was narrower down the bottom than most.  He did not feel the shape at the bottom would be causing the miscarriages although did feel it might indicate preterm labour later on.  He did not feel that the uterus shape was the main culprit in our problems and wanted to look for other things and would really only address this is if nothing else was forth coming.  While we are waiting for all the testing results to come back I got a call last week from them saying that I tested positive for urea plasma and they've put me on a 2 week round of antibiotics (and hubby as well).  They seemed very excited an optimistic about this and that it's possibly some easy quick fix.  I've tried to stay off of doctor google as much as possible other than to read up about what it is exactly and how you get it.  Hubby and i have been together for 13 years so it would seem we've both had it quite awhile which is concerning to me and I'm struggling to be as optimistic as the office is being.  Anyone had any experience with this?  I got back the end of next week to get re-tested to ensure it's gone.  I wonder if this had anything to do it my abnormal paps that came back last year as well?  Hope all is well with everyone else! 
BFP:  April 5, 2013 m/c #1 @ 4 weeks
BFP:  May 1, 2013, twins hbs seen @ 6.5 weeks, mmc #2 @ 8 weeks, D&E July 2, 2013.  
BFP:  January 10, 2014 m/c #3 @ 5 weeks.
BFP:  August 11, 2014, 400mg progesterone suppositories started immediately.  HB seen @ 6 weeks. mmc #4 at 7 weeks, D&E September 27, 2014.
RE Referral:  January 2015. 

Re: First RE Appointment has finally occurred

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"