October 2015 Moms
Options

Ahhhhhh the anger!

My most prevalent and annoying symptom to date is the anger! I don't remember having this last pregnancy, but this time around, the smallest thing just makes me see red! Which doesn't bode well with a toddler in the throes of his terrible twos... I feel like I'm just constantly annoyed and impatient. Anyone else have this? How are you dealing?

Re: Ahhhhhh the anger!

• Options
    Yes! I actually posted a Facebook rant with multiple expletives (completely unusual for me) the day before I found out I was pregnant. It suddenly made more sense. :/ As DH puts it, my emotional responses are the same just EXTREME! I hear you with the terrible twos. Ugh definitely doesn't help with the anger problem! I wish I could be of more help, but I'm right there with you!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My emotional outbursts were actually what led me to believe I'm pregnant. I was preparing my things to move out of my house because DH just "didn't understand me" and he convinced me to take a pregnancy test before I finalized my plans lmbo... Anyway, I have some guilt about bringing another child into our family (DD is 10mo) so I think of that when she's getting into everything and I start feeling impatient. When I think about the reduced time we'll get to spend when I'm caring for a newborn, my anger and impatience switches off almost immediately.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with you gals! I feel like I turn into the Hulk out of nowhere about the tiniest thing! I've had to be more conscious of those thoughts and try to reason if I'm actually angry or just hormonal. Hoping this subsides soon!!
  • Options
    Haha - the hulk is the perfect word. Love it :)
  • Options
    I'm so happy I'm not alone on this. I'm realizing that tons of love and affection from my partner helps to tone it done but yeah, my mood swings have been crazy
  • Options
    Ah me too! Every little thing, and sometimes not a thing at all. Like if DH takes my cat off the couch by me and keeps her upstairs in his office. (This was just the latest thing.) Why should that bother me? I can't even imagine having a toddler, I would pull all my hair out. And it would still keep growing in weird places too ; ) The only thing I can do is deep breaths and pretending I'm somewhere or sometimes someone else! Good luck. If you're in the first trimester I've heard it gets easier in the second, this is my first though so I have no idea if that's just a myth. Keeping my fingers crossed cause who cares if the cat goes upstairs?
  • Options
    my son and hubby just don't get me. My on has now stopped taking a nap. The joys, after he has been up half the night and the hubby not helping, I have exploded. again
  • Options
    Yes, I am definitely lacking patience with my 2 year old. All I can say is I love him so much it helps me overcome my frustration.
  • Options
    I cry often with my toddler because I'm frustrated ! I just get so annoyed with the tantrums as well. I try to turn on calming music that's all I got so far
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"