December 2014 Moms

Songs we Sing

dameridadamerida member
edited February 2015 in December 2014 Moms
What songs do you sing your baby? I'm a ftm and I don't know any! I know one verse to Baby Beluga and he loves it. He's eight weeks today and gets the biggest smiles when I sing. But I'm getting really tired of Baby Beluga!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Songs we Sing

• I've been singing "dream a little dream of me" and "somewhere over the rainbow."
    TEACHER*ANIMAL LOVER*BOOK ENTHUSIAST*TRAVEL DREAMER
    married since July 2009, TTC since May 2013, BFP April 5, 2014! 
    IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
    image   gifs leonardo dicaprio romeo + juliet
    Summer Dog/Winter Dog    D14 AUG. SIGGY CHALLENGE: TEEN CRUSH- LEO

• H does all the singing. He makes up his own songs or sings her infantry cadences. Lol
    I'm super awkward and don't sing at all.

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • Loading the player...
  • My local early years centre has a list of songs that I've been singing since DS1. They are all 2 -3 verses and now DS1 loves signing them to DS2. I also do the old standards, Baa-baa, Mary had a little lamb, twinkle twinkle, mulberry hush, just little baby, etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hum Hush Little Baby. My LO loves it when we do nap time. Other times I sing video game songs or songs from kids shows including the basics and some japanese ones.
  • My son loves "embraceable you". I guess it was all that jazz music I played at the piano while I was pregnant
  • Baby Mine from Dumbo, " I walk the line" by Johnny Cash, " I will" from the Beatles, and you are my sunshine.
  • I sing head shoulders knees and toes and Taylor swift! Lol
  • Baby Mine, Me and Bobby McGee, So This Is Love, The Gambler.... the Tori Amos version of Smells Like Teen Spirit. Ha! We are rather eclectic in our music.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I don't usually sing (because that would be more torture than fun lol) but I constantly have the narwhal song stuck in my head. Thank you, commercial. So, I sing that. I can't tell if my baby is laughing with me or at me though.
  • I used to lead the kids choir at church so I sing If you are happy & you know it, He's got the whole world, This little light of mine, and a few others like You are my sunshine & All of you (John Legend) to him every night. Those are pretty much the only songs I know that are kid friendly :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, Skip to My Lou, Where is Thumbkin, I've Been Working on the Railroad, on Top of Spaghetti, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At this age, I just play Spotify and sing him songs I like (mostly country and easy listening). The interaction and him hearing words are what's most important. It's fun for both me and him. I commend moms who can do nursery rhymes but they bore me! When he's older, we'll do more of those though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"