May 2015 Moms

Favorite moisturizer/ stretch mark cream

My last pregnancy I just used cocoa butter and really liked it, but this pregnancy my skin has been so irritable and sensitive. I have been using the cocoa butter but am thinking maybe the lotion is what is irritating my skin and causing rashes, so I am wanting something else to try. What are you guys using? Has anyone else been dealing with sensitive skin and rashes?

Re: Favorite moisturizer/ stretch mark cream

• If you search this, you will find tons of answers! I'm all about sticking with the good stuff-coconut oil.
  • I have tried the coconut oil too. I don't mind it but my skin still feels itchy and not really moisturized. How often do you use it? @blitzy23‌
  • Loading the player...
  • Earth Mama Angle Baby makes one that's so nontoxic it's edible! Plus, my skin is silky smooth and no sign of marks.
  • While creams and such are wonderful the only way to prevent stretch marks is to have awesome genetics. No matter what you put on them if you are going to get them you are stuck with them.
  • Organic coconut oil 2-3 times a day 30 weeks no stretch marks yet!
  • The l'Occitane Shea Butter has been a god send for me. There's no fragrance, it's organic, and it's alcohol free - a lot of moisturizers have alcohol which seems to defeat the purpose.
    I started getting white stretch mark-beginnings, but they faded and I haven't gotten any more since using this stuff. And EVERY woman in my family got stretch marks, so I'm not sure I believe the genetics thing. I think you can have the potential in your genes but still do something about it - just like wrinkles ;)
  • I have been using Canadian emu oil and have had no dryness, marks or issues so far.
  • The l'Occitane Shea Butter has been a god send for me. There's no fragrance, it's organic, and it's alcohol free - a lot of moisturizers have alcohol which seems to defeat the purpose.
    I started getting white stretch mark-beginnings, but they faded and I haven't gotten any more since using this stuff. And EVERY woman in my family got stretch marks, so I'm not sure I believe the genetics thing. I think you can have the potential in your genes but still do something about it - just like wrinkles ;)

I second this. It's a little expensive, but it lasts a long time, and so far I haven't gotten any stretch marks on my tummy. (29 weeks.) I didn't use it religiously on my breasts, and I did get a few there, but when I started using the L'Occitane shea butter every single day on them, I stopped getting them. Stretch marks do run in my family, so I believe that I'm genetically predisposed to get them, but I'm trying my best not to!
  • Organic coconut oil!! It's wonderful for so many things, also a good lubricant!!!
  • I received homemade bath soaps as a Christmas gift this year and they are the only thing that is working for my skin. 
  • Just got the Nivea in shower body lotion and I'm loving it! I feel like it's a lot quicker in the morning and I avoid being itchy all day. I tried several lotions/oils since getting pregnant but most wore off by midday.
  • As PP said the Nivea shower lotion is awesome and saves a ton of time for me on busy mornings.
  • Ok so this is going to sound INSANE, but I've had 2 separate little old ladies now (one including my gma in law) tell me the secret to no stretch marks or even getting rid of stretch marks is animal lard!! Lol. I'm too weird about rubbing fat on my fat to give it a try, but they both swore up and down by it.
  • MusicGirl630MusicGirl630 member
    edited February 2015
    I use an oil called Mama's Gold. I don't know if it will help with stretch marks in the end, but it's very moisturizing and smells nice. My skin is never itchy or dry. I haven't seem any stretch marks yet, although I am only 29 weeks along.

Edited because autocorrect.
  • I've been using 2 because I got given them for Christmas one is GAIA body butter and the other is bio oil but I've started using the bio oil more because it feels like the skin absorbs it more (if that makes sense) so I feel like it gets deeper in the skin. Also a trick I was told by a couple if older ladies is when your skin gets itchy don't scratch it just pinch it as scratching damages the skin.. Not sure how legit that is but they have no stretch marks. We all know it's genetics but it's nice to hear there are possibly other tricks we can try
  • lmerritt49903lmerritt49903 member
    edited February 2015
    I second the Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter! I love it!
  • I just use Palmer's cocoa butter. I love it and it smells like tropical heaven.
  • I mix the pink baby lotion with preotrolluem jelly and vitamin e. Have not developed any more stretch marks and the ones I got before using it have diminished.
  • bio oil & coconut oil have saved my life! helps sooo much w the itching.
  • I have terrible genetics and still have 2 months to go but I absolutely love the c booth body oil I paid 9,00 at ulta and it last a while!!! I rub it religiously all over in the shower and it leaves my skin silky and smooth. I haven't gotten any stretch marks and I have no itchy skin or anything!!! Like I said I have a little ways to go but so far so good!!! In addition I use their body butter and body lotion during the day just to keep my skin moisten!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Huile Tonic oil, by Clarins. I swear the stretch marks I have in my belly are already looking lighter after a week.
  • Ive used half of what has been listed on this post so far.... And i still have a million and continuing to get more. Fabulous genetics is the best way to avoid them (;
  • After a shower, I put lemon oil..(but you can use ANY OIL) on damp skin. Pat dry and then I put a shea butter and vitamin E combo on the areas I need it... boobs, tummy, lower back, hips, inner thighs and behind the knees!!!
  • janssemkjanssemk member
    edited February 2015
    I have tried all type of boutique expensive brands, and still have marks. Oh well....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"