1st Trimester

Extreme worrying about listeria

I had a m/c with my first pregnancy and I am pregnant again (8 weeks). My husband & I ate out on Valentines Day & we shared a baked brie cheese appetizer. It was pasteurized but I am still freaking out thinking I contracted listeria. I have had an upset stomach ever since we ate out and I don't know if it is related to eating out or the brie cheese. I know listeria is very uncommon but I still feel like I should get tested just to be safe. Has anyone been in this situation before? I don't want ANYTHING happening to my baby so I am being overly cautious about everything, I should have just passed on the brie cheese then I wouldn't be freaking out.....any advice will help a ton!

Re: Extreme worrying about listeria

• You need to take a deep breath and calm down. Do some actual research on listeria. It is rare. Very rare. In the last decade only a handful of pregnant women have contracted it, much less than even half of 1% The majority of listeria outbreaks are from fresh fruit and melons, not pasturized cheese
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you guys for your advice. My stomach is much better today, I think I am just really sensitive to dairy products. The brie was also baked so I think I was overreacting. It's crazy how a previous loss can make your next pregnancy a scary one.
  • Being PgAL is scary for sure. Wishing you peace. Today you are pregnant & love your baby! :x >:D<

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I agree with the others - I think you're probably fine. I did want to mention that you see if your anxiety decreases or increases. I developed prenatal/postpartum OCD and a lot of it centered around extreme anxiety regarding contamination, listeria, etc. 

Just wanted to mention it, because my anxiety (after a miscarriage, too) was so overwhelming and scary and it was such a relief to give it a name. 
  • Omg I am in the same boat! I had a miscarriage back in August, and I am 10w4d pregnant today (yay!) but I'm definitely extra cautious to make sure that I don't do or eat anything I 'shouldn't".
    I am a little scared to eat lunch meat! And I LOVE lunch meat so it stinks! :-P
    I spoke to my doctor about it and she said that I can have lunch meat occasionally, but to make sure that it's fresh and preferably heated. I'm still not eating it as much as I normally would though, just in case. ;)
    FTM expecting a Baby Girl on September 17th, 2015! Follow my pregnancy journey on Instagram at @bump.tobaby!
  • Thank you all for the advice again. I am not worrying about lysteria now. I am having body aches today and my breasts aren't as tender. I am 9weeks 2 days today.....once again worrying a miscarriage is coming. I had extreme body aches a couple days before my previous miscarriage :(
  • @jordansinks good luck to you. Just to let you know I had general body aches through both my first trimesters. My children are currently chasing the dog. It isn't over yet
  • Ok thank you. It's nice talking to all of you on here to give me more reassurance. I don't like bothering my nurse over every little thing but they say to call them anytime I have questions....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"