October 2015 Moms
Options

cramping & using a heating pad.

I have mild cramping from here and there and I was wondering if it's safe to use a heatpad to get some relief. I have no spotting or anything thank god because I think I would freak out a little! Also, does anyone not feel nauseous? I'm still early 4 weeks and 5 days so almost 5. Maybe it hasn't come yet.

Re: cramping & using a heating pad.

• Options
    I'm not sure about the heating pad but I'd hesitate! I know they say to stay away from hot tubs. A tad different than a heating pad but better safe than sorry? :)
  • Options
    I would not use a heating pad.  Just like hot tubs, it is too hot for your little bean, could cause "bad things" :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Evan 16mos (10/15/15)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel awful, now. I've been using a heating pad as an alternative to Tylenol for the cramps. I'm going to bring that up at my OB appointment on Monday. Thank you for the post  :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    :) visit my blog to get easy recipes & mom stuff: http://somestufforwhatever.wordpress.com  :)
  • Options
    thanks I'll be sure to ask my doc on Friday!!
  • Options
    I used a heating pad several times during my second pregnancy. Dr. said it was fine because it would not raise my core body temp.
  • Options
    I have am 6 weeks and 2 days. I have been having mild cramping too. Comes and goes. I'm am not spotting either but it still freaks me out. I've read though it's from your uterus expanding. There was only one day that I felt nauseous so far. Can't wait for my appointment to ease my nerves too.
  • Options
    As long as the heating pad isn't too hot and you don't leave it on for too long you should be fine. I use my husband's bum haha we spoon and his butt is actually the perfect amount of heat and pressure to relieve stomach pain. But of course talk to your doctor. Heat versus medication has to be better
  • Options
    I use a heating pad. It's fine as it only heats one part of your body and doesn't elevate your core body temp.
  • Options
    I use an old fashioned hot water bottle with a furry cover, it is pretty hot for the first 10 mins and then slowly dies down. It stays slightly warm all night long! I think it's probably safer than using an electric heating pad. I am also 4weeks 6days, turn 5 weeks tomorrow and have had what feels like period cramping here and there, but it is not steady and lasts only a few seconds, although it is several times per day. I am resting a lot, taking warm baths, and using my hot water bottle. Also drinking lots and lots and lots of fluids!! Also don't lift anything! Before I got a positive I was getting intense pulling cramps whenever I would bend down and pick something up! Now I am making hubby do all the work. Good luck!
  • Options
    For cramps I use a microwave heat pillow. It stays hot for about 15mins which I think is fine for baby. For everywhere else I use both ice and heat, I use ice on whatever is sore (back, neck, boobs) and I use the heat pillow at the same time elsewhere to warm me up from the ice! Brrrr!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"