May 2015 Moms

What does "more excited" mean??

This is my first post, but I think I have had enough of other women telling me how I should feel or behave when talking about my pregnancy.  I am 29 weeks and lately I have been swarmed with questions from friends if me and my husband are getting, "more excited", "have a name picked" etc..etc... Trust me if anybody is more excited than us having our first child it's probably Jesus himself, but no I don't do cartwheels or talk about pregnancy all day long.  No, we don't have a name picked out and until I call crying and asking for suggestions about names I think we will be okay. We are not the first or last people to have a baby without a name chosen before we go into labor.  Also, what's up with people already asking if we are going to have another child?  Umm...can I get the first child out first and enjoy him? Thanks!!  FTM issues I guess!! 

Re: What does "more excited" mean??

• Maybe I'm in the minority, but none of the above bothers me. I always say yes, very excited. No, no names yet and maybe more kids - depends if we get put off!

I like to think that they're excited and want to be involved by asking questions and that's nice. Would be worse if no one took any interest!
  • I always answer politely, but they don't like the tone in my voice from what I'm understanding.  I guess people are expecting me to be overly excited in my delivery because after answering questions the next question is, "Is something wrong" or "Are you okay". I'm like I'm fine and shrugs shoulder.  I guess they all have some idea of how I should be responding.  It's just weird to me because I've never been the type to do toe touches when talking about myself. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I get bored of hearing the same questions over and over I hate that when I say I haven't picked a girl name people start suggesting all the same names I've heard and rejected before.. I know people are just excited to talk about it though. Also I'm sick of "that will be you soon" when there's a baby around crying or something and the "here practice" and get handed a baby or child like I've never looked after a child before haha
  • I feel you! My first pregnancy I felt verbally assaulted by all the questions. Did anyone ever want to talk about non-baby topics with me anymore? I was really private and protective with my info. This pregnancy I'm talking to anyone who'll listen... Weird lol!!!
  • Maybe they are just excited for you.
  • I generally don't have to deal with those kinds of questions... living in the hospital people are more likely to ask me if" everything's okay?" rather than if I'm excited. But I'm starting to get MORE excited rather than just scared and nervous as I'm now 29 weeks and the prognosis is now so much better!  I like it when people call, text, or FB me, and especially when they visit, but I'd far rather talk about what's going on with them or in the world than about me me me. Sure. here's the latest update on my pregnancy, but generally there's NOT a lot going on with me, ya know? How about some distraction? lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BABY NINJA!
  • I don't mind the questions at all. However I am sometimes surprised at how distracting it can be for other people. I was at work discussing a patient with a Doctor figuring out a plan of treatment and a nurse literally interrupted asking how far along I was and all kinds of baby questions. I was beyond annoyed. Here I am working and having a professional conversation and someone interrupts with baby questions that could have waited. Sometimes I don't get people.
  • Thanks ladies! It is nice to know that I'm not completely alone about all the questions that are asked! I guess it's just becoming annoying and overwhelming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"