May 2015 Moms

irritable uterus contractions

I have been diagnosed with this on Friday along with finding out the baby is resting his head on my cervix, causing major pressure and it has been the most miserable weekend ever. I cannot even get out of bed without having constant contractions and im supposed to be going to work tomorrow. No idea how that is going to work out. But i had no cervical change so bed rest isn't "necessary" just yet. Does anyone have advice on how to deal with this?

Re: irritable uterus contractions

• I had an irritable uterus last pregnancy and I feel like I'm headed that way this time. For me it was the worst under stress and when I had to go to the bathroom. Laying down helped almost every time, unless it was a bathroom thing. My belly would get so sore my eyes would tear up by the end of the work day and I couldn't wait to get home and just park it on the couch, laying down, for some relief. Eventually I did reduce my work schedule down to half time because I had a couple other issues that made me high risk and I had three medical appointments a week for monitoring. But working half time also helped my irritable uterus.

My advice would be to figure out what makes it worse for you and what makes it better. There's a lot on the Internet of other suggestions, too. And remember, this is all temporary! Hang in there, mama.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was in L&D all night/morning and diagnosed with irritable uterus. They had me take this week off work and I am on modified bed rest until I follow up with my OB on Thurs. I am a nurse on a very busy unit though so they wanted me off my feet and to keep my stress level down.

• Loading the player...
  • I had same with baby #2 and now #3. It has it's ups and downs, but anytime I walk or stand it's pretty much constant Braxton hicks.

I stopped lifting pretty much everything. I drink +120 oz of water a day. I pretty much sit on my ass by 4pm. It's frustrating, to be sure. I was fortunate enough to line up family to come over the nights that hubby works late to help with my 2 toddlers. But at 28w2d, I'd like baby to cook in there for 9 more weeks at least!

I've noticed I get more when lying down or sitting lately, a topic for my OBGYN apt today.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds painful! I contract ALL FREAKIN DAY. But they're just typical, uncomfortable BH contrax. Dr confirmed no cervical change. They come after a day where I literally do nothing but eat oreos and on days when I'm out and about- no difference. hydration makes no difference, laying on left side makes none, warm showers, etc. So I wouldn't miss work and take away from days off I can later enjoy with my baby unless I truly coulnd't make it there. Oh, sorry- this is provided you have a job at a computer or something. If you're a nurse or something then there'd be no way you could work. 

Anyways- good luck! This sounds very crappy! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"