Infertility

First IUI Monday!!

My husband and I made the decision to use donor sperm and IUI after learning of his infertility.  I completed my first round of Femara, will do my trigger shot at 3:30am Sunday morning, and go in for our first IUI on Monday afternoon (day 22 of my cycle).  We are super excited, but also aware that it may very well take more than one try. Knowing me, I will want to take a pregnancy test every day... although I have heard the HCG can result in inaccurate test results.  Any advice from anyone who has used Femara, or had IUI success??  I know there are other boards too, but I thought there might be some who had success in the past with IUI and are trying it again so they are on this board.  Thanks!

Re: First IUI Monday!!

• **positive preg test warning (FALSE)***

First, good luck!!!!!!! Don't test early- it's hard but wait the 2 weeks. I tested early (12 days after the trigger) last cycle, and I got a faint positive but it was from the trigger still. Also, unfortunately, you usually won't find many success stories here, as this is the place we go BEFORE the success story. Good luck- I hope you'll soon be a success story.

Me (28)- PCOS, no natural cycle since stopping BC pills in 2013
    DH (29)- SA= all good
    Married since March 2013 (together since 2004) + TTC since April 2013

Provera 12/13, 6/14, 8/14, 10/ 14, 12/14

Clomid 50 mg 12/14- no follicles big enough, stair stepped with Clomid 100 mg (1 follicle 22/25 mm) + Ovidrel trigger shot 1/15- BFN

Clomid 150 mg 1/15- no follicles responding- repeated 150 mg + Ovidrel trigger shot + IUI- BFP 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you!  Wow you waited 12 days a still a false positive?  I am glad I know that ahead of time... even though they told me to wait 2 weeks, in my head I kept thinking I would try a couple days early.  Thanks for the encouragement :)
  • Loading the player...
  •   I like test a lot too, which is why I use the cheap early detection dip sticks (about $15.00 for 100 tests).  I tested the day of (BFN) and the day after my HCG trigger shot (BFP) and about every other day afterwards.   I guess some part of me wanted to know what it was like to actually see a positive test result, even if it was a false positive. I was also starting to wonder if the tests were faulty because I've has so many negative ones lol. As I watched the BFP line get lighter and lighter over the following days, I felt empowered because I knew where my HCG levels were and I didn't have to worry about getting a false positive that I thought was a real BFP. 

ME  37, Graves Disease (thyroid), DOR  DH 42 Totally Healthy
    JAN 2012 decided to TTC, benched due to Graves Disease.
    NOV 2013 green light from high risk OBGYN to TTC
    MAY 2014 DOR
    JUL 2014 HSG both tubes blocked
    NOV 2014 RE allows 1 cycle of clomid and IUI incase of false negative for HSG = BFN
    JAN 30 2015 LAP/Hysteroscopy both tubes open (RE unsure if it was a real blockage or a spasm), endometriosis discovered and removed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"