May 2015 Moms

Stomach Bug

I was up all night with my 2 year old who has a viral infection bad fever, stuffy nose.. When I got slammed with the stomach bug. Puking, diahrea at least once every hour. Anybody have a magic cure?

Re: Stomach Bug

• Hydration hydration hydration.

• Don't drink water, white grape juice, Apple juice, or flat 7up/sprite will help keep your blood sugar in check and hydrate you too.

Been there- get well soon! (I'm holding my half asleep 2yo who was puking all day yesterday... It's going around.)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ginger, charcoal pills, sips of jello water (dissolve some jello in hot water and either dink it like tea, or chill it). Propel or Gatorade. Careful with the propel and Gatorade if you have problems with acid reflux though, they can make that worse.
  • Was there last week! It sucks. I couldn't keep anything down- ended up at the hospital for monitoring for the baby because I was having awful pains. I just kept drinking Gatorade zero and they told me it was fine and just to keep hydrated- there's nothing else you can do :(
  • Raspberry cordial. There was a study done a few months ago about how it kills several strains of gastro causing bacteria in the gut. But it's been used for decades in a lot of nursing homes and kindergartens. (That's where the researcher first heard about it) I keep some in the house just in case my daughter brings it home from kindy. Usually stops vomiting within the hour and diarrhoea within the next 30-40 minutes. Good luck. Make it up with 1 part cordial to 6-10 parts water.
  • marym94marym94 member
    edited February 2015
    Rosie3rd said:

Raspberry cordial. There was a study done a few months ago about how it kills several strains of gastro causing bacteria in the gut. But it's been used for decades in a lot of nursing homes and kindergartens. (That's where the researcher first heard about it) I keep some in the house just in case my daughter brings it home from kindy. Usually stops vomiting within the hour and diarrhoea within the next 30-40 minutes. Good luck. Make it up with 1 part cordial to 6-10 parts water.

Where do you buy this? And how much to a "part"... Interesting!
  • Just at the grocery store. So one part water to one part cordial would be half and half. It's just a different way of describing a fraction of something.
  • Stomach bug hit me yesterday ... My nurse suggested pedi lite freezer pops and sip water. It's helping me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"