Infertility
Options

Ovarian failure

background TTC for 2 years, over a year with treatments.

I am on the max dose of femera and doing Gonal f injections... Cycle day 12 and 14 scans showed no mature follies (just 3 small ones around 10mm)

Is this normal? I don't have PCOS and my paperwork says "ovarian failure" this time... Is there hope for me? I am so discouraged!

Re: Ovarian failure

• Options
    przemosbabeprzemosbabe member
    edited February 2015
    No that is not normal, it does sound like servere disminhed ovarian reserve but that doesn't mean you won't have good eggs, it just means more meds for you unfortunately, and less egg, but that doesn't mean your eggs are bad. You should ask for estrogen priming if you have to cycle again. That works well for a lot of ladies with DOR
  • Options
    Maybe this will help?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    olivia779olivia779 member
    edited February 2015
    Don't be discouraged. My sister was diagnosed with PCOS and premature ovarian failure three years ago, and was told by her fertility doctor that she just had a little hope of having any baby. She had pretty much given no hope and had nothing to strive or opt for. [EDITED FOR SPAM - GoldenKeys] She have 2 beautiful daughter and 1 lovely son because of this book. 
  • Options

I have POF  being in my thirties. It was very difficult for me to hear this diagnosis. And then to accept that I would not be able to have my own child without using donor eggs. Really hard decision to make but I did not have other options. And now I am pregnant with my baby. So happy and excited about that xxX

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"