October 2015 Moms
Options

Is drinking a tall coffee from Starbucks ok?

So last time I had a yummy starbucks coffee was before I got pregnant. Now that I'm 6 weeks pregnant, I'm craving starbucks coffee like crazy..would I be doing any damage to my little one if I had ONE tall coffee from there? Stupid question I know but I need some helpful suggestions

Re: Is drinking a tall coffee from Starbucks ok?

• Options
    depends on how much caffeine is in it. https://www.caffeineinformer.com/the-complete-guide-to-starbucks-caffeine shows a listing. If it's the brewed coffee, that's probably too much. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Go have a coffee!
    The amount of caffeine that causes problems is something insane. One cup of coffee isn't going to hurt your little one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB told me to keep it under 300mg per day of caffeine, which was ecchoed by the excellent book Expecting Better. Someone else recommends less than 200mg per day, but one tall coffee is certainly right in that range. If you feel comfortable with it, go for it (I sure am!)
  • Options
    FYI if your caffeine intact is ok, refuse coffee is often better than decaf because most decafs use chemicals to remove caffeine. If you ladies get decaf at any point, make sure it is Swiss water decaf. Chances are that you have to find a good local coffee house to get it. Starbucks has only one Swiss water decaf variety and they run out of it a lot.
  • Options
    Refuse should be regular. Sorry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"