May 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Bags: Leather VS Nylon

I've tried researching this on old threads and through google with not a lot of luck, so here goes:  Anyone with experience want to weigh in on the pro's and con's of a leather and/or nylon baby bag. I'm a FTM with NO experience here, so I need help!  I am a faithful Coach leather bag fan, as I used to work for the company and think their quality in leather and reasonable prices are hard to beat.  I'm leaning toward the Baby Bag Tote in Saffiano Leather (BLK/SLV). It looks sleek, and like something I can carry beyond baby. I am really anal about my bags, so I suspect this one may get some slight abuse due to everyday use, but not much.  So I'd really like to know if anyone has or has had a leather baby bag and what they love and don't love about it.  Secondly, I'm looking at Kate Spade's site and see some really cute Nylon ones around the same $398 price point, but they are nylon.  I don't have a problem spending that much on a nylon bag if I know it will be more durable, easy to clean, etc. than it's leather counterparts.  So anyone with experience here please weigh in! Also, if you have any other suggestions for baby bag brands those are welcome too!  I want something practical, but stylish. 
Pregnancy Ticker

photo a4674cbd-abdf-41b1-831d-b8797666b39a_zps1e5c162b.jpg photo b290a151-5951-4a79-9d88-63e782ed36fd_zps7ac98e29.jpg photo dd66a638-01b5-4929-899a-e1c621aed5c3_zps3a991a42.jpg  photo a8fae771-cd48-43b5-b360-5fa36c8aa959_zpse3085a6e.jpg
Me: 32 / DH: 32 / Married: 5-31-08 / BFP: 12-28-13 / MC: 2-1-14 / BFP: 9-17-14 / EDD: 5-19-15

Re: Baby Bags: Leather VS Nylon

• Options
    Nylon for sure- but that's a lot to shell out for something that will inevitably end up with baby barf on it...
  • Options
    I'm using an mz Wallace messenger bag as my diaper bag. I'd look into the company for sure. They are so great and durable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a friend who loves her coach baby bag... As her computer bag.

She got a skip Hop and Skip Hop Duo for baby. They have better pockets and clean easier. (I had to run out and purchase 2 of my own after seeing hers)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Diaper bags get roughed up. Get whichever one you will be okay with putting on the bathroom floor, parking lot pavement, etc. I'd get one that you can clean and sanitize, too.
  • Options
    Pick one that is light weight. I didn't think about that when I got my first diaper bag with my son. You don't realize how much crap you end up putting in there. I live in NYC and carried my son everywhere. So the weight of my son plus a diaper You Stuart to really feel bogged down. Plus nylon you can just throw in the wash if need be.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"