May 2015 Moms

Monday Bitchfest!

Its. Snowing.

Again.

What the actual fuck New England!

Re: Monday Bitchfest!

• DH got a speeding ticket and it's just annoying as shit to me! I've never had a speeding ticket so I'm just irritated by it.
  • Loading the player...
  • cpage2211 said:
    Its. Snowing. Again. What the actual fuck New England!
    UGH I agree! I know its the middle of winter... but I am SO over this weather.
    ***First-time Mom in New York City | Married 8.16.13 | Expected Due Date 5.29.15***

• It's snowing again. We no longer have any snow days left. I'm overwhelmed about work, the baby, getting the house ready and construction finished in time. I've been crankier than cranky this whole weekend and I'm just BLAH!!!
  • I've been waiting for Monday Bitchfest! I have a few!

1) I've been able to go from happy to seriously irritated in a matter of seconds lately, normal I know, but not pleasant. 
    I feel so crazy! The other day DH came home and asked what was for dinner and I hadn't made anything because I wanted to go get something instead. He said just heat up some frozen pizzas...yeah thanks...I can't eat frozen pizza or pizza (red sauce and pepperoni) in general when I've got heartburn. So I threw an internal fit. He didn't notice, but he kept trying to play around and joke with me, but I started to tear up a bit. 

2) I hate my job...still. I've not been in 3 whole weeks because I've just got over a cold. I've had to call in daily for this and they are probably furious and now want a doctors note. Problem here is that I didn't go to the doctor...I only called her. I have an appointment on Wednesday, so I'm going to pray that they give me a doctors note so that way I don't get fired. Even though I hate my job with a passion I still need it to get baby things and get caught up before she comes. 

3) DH isn't wanting to have sex with me as often as he used to since he found out I'm pregnant. I still want it...more so than usual, but he turns me down which kills my self esteem. I told him that he better take advantage of it because hes not getting any after baby is born for at least 6-8 weeks. Its like he just doesn't care or looks at me differently. 

4) I'm stressed about delivery day. I know I've still got 3 months, but my problem here is that father in law and his wife along with their new baby and 6 year old will be there once baby is born. Father in law hates me with a passion for several reasons and I've never been anything but nice to him. But he will be there once shes born to hold her and everything and I hate that idea. I can't tell him not to show up at the hospital because honestly that is an argument that I don't want to have with DH, so I'm hoping that they don't stay long and don't randomly show up at my house to see baby without being invited. 
    I really cannot stand him and I have a feeling after shes here I won't hold my tongue. 
    Hes a smoker and smoked within 2 feet of his newborn baby...what in the world would ever make me believe that he wouldn't be so irresponsible with my child. 

UGH. 

I'm having a rough month. I can't sleep or get comfy at night anymore, so I'm just...blah. 

• It never really rains here. The moisture we get here in coastal central California is mostly fog. It rained all weekend. Friday night it came down hard for the first time in the two years I've lived in this town. We walked downstairs Saturday morning to a leak in the kitchen ceiling. The window in our apartment was just replaced and I guess it wasn't sealed right or something was ruined when they redid the roof last month. (Dont get me started in all the repairs and obnoxious repair men I've had to deal with over the last few months. They are pigs who talk loudly and brag about cheating on their wives... But that's for another Monday.) The roof was leaking through the wall and the drip was impossible for us to stop upstairs. I called and the apartment manager said all they could do was give us a bucket to catch the drips in the kitchen until Monday morning. Our maintence guy came over equipped with a bucket and an umbrella to poke the ceiling with.

Really!?! An umbrella and a bucket?!? That's all they could find?!?

The carpet upstairs is soaked three feet out from the wall that has the leak in it. The smell of the wet carpet is so nauseating my poor DH had to spend hours rearranging our tiny apartment to bring the bed downstairs so I could sleep. They said they would be here at 8.30 this morning to fix things. I had to call at 10 and threaten to call my insurance company because I hadn't heard from them! Now they are cutting out a huge hole in my kitchen ceiling and I have to run huge fans upstairs all day where they tore up the carpet. They claim there is no mold even though the smell is horrifying and we have pictures of the discoloration and mold along the baseboards in our bathroom! I called in sick to work today so I can stay here and take pictures if the whole process and what is uncovered.

I am absolutely furious! The last thing I need is to have to deal with mold and a torn apart home while 7 months pregnant!
    The worst part is how my apartment manager was talking down to me about how she's seen worse damage and I need to stop overreacting!

Stop overreacting!?!
    Who does she think she is?!?

Thank goodness we only have 3 months left here! And thank goodness for free mold inspections through renters insurance.
    I can't wait until they find something and I get to yell at the manager when she is contacted by my insurance about the unfit living conditions they are keeping us in.
  • Oh. And there is a huge carpet drying fan in my only bathroom so I can't close the door! I have to ask the repair men to leave so I can empty my bladder every hour!
    I've just about lost my mind.
    I have just given up on this weekend and this whole week for sure.

Bring on the salted caramel gelato... Mama and baby deserve a bit of sugar and happiness...
  • Yeah, I can't get past the snow. It's starting to get pretty depressing. 5.5 feet of snow in 17 days is just horrendous. I keep thinking I can't wait until the spring/summer but I'm worried I probably won't be able to enjoy it since I'll be so stressed with being responsible for the life of a tiny human being!
  • All of the sudden I am just ridiculously tired. Like first trimester tired. Haven't made it to the gym in days and I feel horrible about it.
    I miss caffiene.
  • I'm also going to jump on the bandwagon about the snow. We're in CT and I'm so sick of this. I was fishtailing all over the place in my car today - the roads were horrible. We've run out of places to pile the snow in our front yard on either side of the driveway. No more snow please! 

Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • I'm also going to jump on the bandwagon about the snow. We're in CT and I'm so sick of this. I was fishtailing all over the place in my car today - the roads were horrible. We've run out of places to pile the snow in our front yard on either side of the driveway. No more snow please! 

CT here too! Did you know we *might* get another clipper on Thursday?! :((
  • I'll go again lol, It's been an interesting couple of days....I woke up the other day with a migraine after tossing and turning from bad dreams about DH cheating on me. Again. I had to cancel my entire day (I own my own business so this hurts a lot) because of the "clipper" that came through. I filed my taxes and I hate tax season, my scanner didn't want to connect to my computer even though it did fine the day before. My migraine got stronger. Snowball (my darling puppy) wrapped himself around the support beam under the porch out of my reach and I had to get him out somehow. And then my front door was frozen shut and I had to blow dry it for 45 min. There's also water dripping through the front window. Oh, and I drove past the house we were living in when DS number 2 died for the first time since it happened 8 years ago. That was heart wrenching to say the least.

On top of all this, DH has been acting extremely selfish and pays no mind or cares about what I want or need unless I through a "guilt" trip. But that is a whole different bitchfest Monday rant!

Whew!! May isn't that far away right? At least we're all in this together lovelies!
  • I've never lived where it's snowed, but I'm sweating through 35-40*C days here and it's so freaking hot! My husbands air conditioning in his car is recently broken, and his workmate who is meant to be fixing it is never on the same shift as him (the do maintainence on giant mining vehicles)

And I don't have a car! We recently moved to the other side of the country and I'm totally alone here and have no way of getting anywhere when my husband is at work. He's said he's working on getting me a car before the baby comes, but isn't sure it'll happen as he's still in a 6 month probation for starting a new job so we can't get a loan yet. His car will not fit 3 car seats across the back, so I have no bloody idea what he thinks we'll do when the new baby gets here. Perhaps put her on the roof?! So frustrating!!!

Also, I'm totally alone here and have no one other than you lovely ladies to talk to. There's a time difference here that makes calling my friends and family when they aren't at work or sleeping very difficult. I told my dh this the other day and he said I have him and to stop being so negative. I think I could have clawed his eyeballs out! I'm pregnant and totally alone with a teething 16mth old and a threenager all day 5 days a week (he's gone before they wake and home after bedtime) and have NO ONE else to even have a coffee or just a chat with.

Ok ranty pants off now. I feel much better.
  • My gums are so swollen I can't eat anything without it hurting :( dumb hormones
  • My nose has been so stuffed up lately. Not sick at all. When I try to blow it, only old bloody nastiness comes out. Can't sleep well at night because I can't breath out of my nose. Doc said its hormones. Never got this with #1. This sucks
  • The nasal pain and bleeding crud definitely messes with my breathing and my sleep. I've done some netti pot rinses. Just remember to use only distilled water if you try it!
  • 1. I know I'm really late to this thread but need to bitch.

2. I have caught literally every flu/cold that has gone around this winter. I'm so sick of being sick.

3. I went to sign up our daughter to start daycare in Sept and now they are saying they don't have space for her. Beyond stressful!!!
  • I own my own business and only work four 6-7 hour days but I'm on my feet almost the whole time. Not sure if it's how I'm carrying or just that I'm on my feet but by the end of these days my lower back is killinggg meee! :(:(

I announced to my community that I plan on taking maternity leave starting mid-April, (2 weeks before my due date)

Today a lady says to me
    "well is something wrong?"
    "Um no, why?"
    "well I thought since you were taking your maternity leave so early that you had to go on bedrest or something was wrong"

..What the frack, lady?! My back is already killing me slowly, it's my business, my choice, and if there WAS something "wrong" is it really appropriate to ask in such a way? Grrr.
  • EmLove61 said:

I own my own business and only work four 6-7 hour days but I'm on my feet almost the whole time. Not sure if it's how I'm carrying or just that I'm on my feet but by the end of these days my lower back is killinggg meee! :(:(

I announced to my community that I plan on taking maternity leave starting mid-April, (2 weeks before my due date)

Today a lady says to me
    "well is something wrong?"
    "Um no, why?"
    "well I thought since you were taking your maternity leave so early that you had to go on bedrest or something was wrong"

..What the frack, lady?! My back is already killing me slowly, it's my business, my choice, and if there WAS something "wrong" is it really appropriate to ask in such a way? Grrr.

Haha I own my own business too. I get this!
  • I have a bitch...
    Everything is annoying me today. I was fine earlier, but now I'm cranky, sleepy, and hungry. 

Most annoying thing right now is there is this girl at work who sucks up to the people that she also talks shit about. 
    She basically hates herself because shes very much overweight, but she used to be thin. 
    This has caused some self worth problems with her and shes always saying things like "I used to be skinny and hot..." and will continue with her story. She sometimes starts out stories like "when I used to be skinny and gorgeous..." like it is a very important part of the story when it isn't. 
    It used to be sad and I felt bad for her basing her self worth on her weight and appearance, but now its flat out annoying. 
    I feel like asking her why she thinks that her weight was an important factor in the story. 

There is another skinny gorgeous girl that we work with and this first girl is ALWAYS complimenting her, calling her gorgeous, and basically worships the ground she walks on. It really is pathetic to see because we are all grown and this is behavior I've seen in middle school and high school. The unpopular girl tries to be popular by building up the popular girl and making her feel good about herself. 

The reason this is brought up is because she started saying how amazing she thinks this one girl is at work when before she had said horrible things about her. I'm 28 years old...we are all sort of close in age and I cannot stand this drama and backstabbing bullshit. 
    This is why I don't have many friends...simply choose not to associate with people like this and it seems that is all I find where I live. 

Another issue tonight is that my damn dog is driving me nuts. Hes overly clingy and super fearful and he shakes when he needs to go out. Hes a 75lb pitbull who basically acts like a yorkie or something. He was a rescue and yeah I knew he had problems, but we have had him close to 3 years now and despite working with him and getting professional advice he hasn't changed. 
    He has snapped at me before and growled at me. Hes snapped and growled at DH too, but DH will NOT find him a new home or anything like that even though this clearly is a dangerous situation. 
    There are things this dog hates...he gets freaked out if someone tries to give him a hug or if someone barely touches his tail.
    I'm not worried about what to do once baby is born...dog will stay away from her and will never be left alone with her at all. I don't trust the dog and I just will take no risks. 
  • I don't like when my family talks like I'm a incubator I'm glad they r excited for my baby but seriously I'm still here too and I have thoughts and feelings it drives me crazy when they talk to eachother in frount of me about how my baby should b raised and how they r going to take the baby for the weekend/week or gona take him on a trip or they r gona do whatever with him and I'm going u seriously think I'm gona let my NB go any where let alone 4 hrs away (where a lot of my family lives) without me there? And they act like my husband is irrelivent to the baby or me his opinion or thoughts matter even less to them then mine do which is saying something and they have done their best to cut him out at every opertunity which happens to b a lot since we had to move in with my dad shortly after I got pregnant due to getting layed off and my dad then kicked him out And has since made it very difficult to see him as he won't let him in the house and tells me that I need to divorce him when we try and meet up to see each other and that the baby is all that matters now that we don't matter just the baby I'm just going...Ur insane not happening sorry but keep it up and u won't see the baby at all!
  • I said I was feeling huge at work on Monday and my coworker said, "Are you sure it isn't twins?"

I'll cut a b***ch.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'll cut a b***ch.

This made my morning =))
  • Why does it seem that every single day I have a new thing to bitch about. 
    We need to make a sticky post to just put daily bitches in. I think it would help us all a lot, lol. 

Today...ugh. We live in an apartment where we are not allowed to have large dogs, but we do anyway. 
    This apt complex used to allow large dogs and we had lived here before, so we just brought him with us. 
    Well people complained after seeing him because hes pretty big and some people are overly ignorant about pit bulls. 
    We basically have to keep him hidden. He still gets to go out, but we have to take him a different path so nobody sees him. 
    Not ideal when you've got a large dog...but we have gotten away with it. 

Well when I'm doing something where I cannot supervise him I always put him in his crate because he does like to look out of the window. Today I went to take a bath and I had him in his crate and when I got out of the bath I smelled something. I searched the apartment and last place I checked was him because he NEVER has accidents...especially in his crate. 
    So I go in there and hes got two blankets in his crate and there is a HUGE PILE OF SHIT on the blankets! What the fuck! 
    It wasn't the solid shit where it was easy to clean either...it was the semi runny shit. So I removed the blankets and I'm sorry, but not keeping those and just threw them away. The bottom plastic part wasn't touched and I was unsure if he had shit on his feet so I just left him in there while I went to get what I needed to sanitize. When I came back he pissed. Not just a tiny piss, but a full on piss. I thought it was never going to end. He has already been to the bathroom today and we do limit food/water during the day to keep him on a schedule, so I'm assuming he was sick. 

Had to then get his leash so he wouldn't bolt away from me and lead him to the bathroom so I could give him a bath because by that time of course he had piss on his feet. After his bath I went to clean the piss and everything from his crate. I'm furious because this dog is huge and he always gives me problems but never my husband. He has snapped at me before and he has also growled. You can imagine my apprehension when I had to give his big ass a bath. Ugh. Just want this month to be over! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"