March 2015 Moms
Options

Starting to freak out about being a mom of 2!

jpavenskijpavenski member
edited February 2015 in March 2015 Moms
My son will be 4 in April & is a really good little boy. Been trying to soak up the last month with him as my only baby & get him used to the fact that he is going to have to share the spotlight but I am suddenly starting to panic just a bit. How am I going to take care of two & give them both everything they need?! Any advice from moms with more than one already?

Re: Starting to freak out about being a mom of 2!

• Options
    Wish I had advice to give, but I'm starting to feel the same way. We have a 2 year old. She's really well behaved an quiet for the most part as well, but the thought of having 2 little people needing your constant undivided attention is starting to feel overwhelming. It's funny how going from one to two kids is just as scary as having your first!
  • Options
    I totally feel the same way! Im freakinv out and hubby works away so i single parent 2/3 weeks
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gah! Now I can't stop thinking about this! I brought it up with my husband and we are trying to plan sleeping arrangements and our daily routines. I'm busy googling "schedules for infant and toddler" to give me some ideas. My poor dog is dropping even lower on the totem pole :scream:
  • Options
    I'm on baby number three and its natural to panic. Im worried on how my little boy is going to transition. My daughter did fine when her brother was born at the age of 3 and she is very behavioral. Just include your son with the baby. It may be rough for a little bit, but doable.
    I panicked even worse when my daughter was brought to meet her brother and she cried her eyes out, but it changed when he came home.
  • Options
    I'm on baby #5 (gah, that's still crazy to think about!) and I completely agree with PP's. If you get the older ones involved from the very beginning they seem to cope much better. There will prob be a time or two where an older one will be sad or jealous- it's *normal*! When we brought our 2nd baby home our first was great for a few days- then one day she just couldn't handle it any more. She cried and cried telling us to "take her back" and "put her back in there (our room)" granted she was 2 at the time and had no idea how/why her world was being changed. We knew we needed to change things and from there in out made sure to include her on everything possible from diaper changes to baths to putting baby to bed. Fast forward to today, they are 11 and 8 and best friends.
  • Options
    I am also really nervous for how the transition will affect my 19 month old son. I really hope that it will be okay and that I wont feel super guilty for not devoting all my attention just to him.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies! We have read a lot of books & got him involved so far & he says he's really excited for the baby. Just have moments were it really hits me like wow there are going to be two of them! @corysgirls‌ 5, you are a saint! And my pup still will get special cuddle time since we don't let kids in the bed, just the dog lol
  • Options
    Oh so glad this isn't just me. Seemed like a really good idea at the time. Closer in age I thought they would be closer siblings but a newborn and a 2 year old. Oh hell. Good luck mums we may need it x x x
  • Options
    The heart learns to love...I am now on baby #3 and my first two are now 4 and 2.

I initially worried that I wouldn't like my second child because my first...he just stole my heart. But it is amazing how you will love just as hard for the next baby. I now understand how you can have 5kids. While they grow up in the same house you will see early on they are individuals and you will love them each in their own way. My kids always have a playmate and are great friends.
  • Options
    Thanks for this! Our son will be 4 in May and since I am a SAHM he gets lots of attention. I have started to think of things, like when he falls asleep in the car - how am I suppose to do this with 2 kids?!?! At least I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed! We have been calling the baby by name since we found out it's a girl, so he does refer to her by name, and has helped pick out her new toys, set up her room, ect. We talk about my going to the hospital a lot since I will be there 4 days. Hoping he is as prepared as possible & the transition will not be as hard as I am expecting.
  • Options
    You are one person with only two hands. Ask for help!! When you are by yourself with two kiddos. Remember again you are only one person with two hands☺️
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"