August 2015 Moms
Options

DIY (or crafting) for Baby. UPDATE

prairiedreamsprairiedreams member
edited February 2015 in August 2015 Moms
Just started a little knit sweater for baby and wondered if anyone else was making anything for their little one.

Update: little sweater finished!! (Need to add buttons) Thinking of making a matching hat or socks

Re: DIY (or crafting) for Baby. UPDATE

• Options
    I haven't yet, but I will have plenty underway within a month or two I'd say :). I'd love to see pictures of people's projects!
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I purchased supplies to make a few burp rags and blankets..(just thin flannel and cloth diapers)..great patterns on Pinterest..I wish I was skilled enough to make a sweater ! Please post the final result :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just small projects like sewing mittens with remnants.
  • Options
    I'm going to make a cross stitch for the baby's room and I'm sure I'll find a Pintrest project or two to make as well!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd love to make my own burp cloths and bibs this time..

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    I am making a nursing cover, car seat cover, and crocheted a bunch of wash cloths. 

When we get a bigger place, would love to make curtains, and decorate the nursery.
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I've been sick at home all week, so in my boredom, I made burp cloths and a diaper bag. I had already crocheted blankets and hats for either sex.
  • Options
    I did so many projects during my first pregnancy, especially a lot of great things for the nursery.  My husband made some amazing furniture pieces and we really put in a lot of time on it.  This time around we moved to a small cabin and this baby won't technically have a nursery.  So I'm already feeling guilty about not doing as many things.  I forgot about all of the non-nursery related stuff I could make (burp cloths, hats, bibs) so I'm glad I read this post!  Now I'm excited to start looking for patterns!
  • Options
    I crocheted some baby booties. I'm also going to make a ton of other stuff... working at a fabric store helps lol
  • Options
    @ bbymartin15 so lucky! it would be dangerous for my bank book if I worked at a fabric store! We moved to a small town with only an expensive quilting store so I have to plan my projects well for when I get I to the nearest city to buy fabric.
  • Options

@ bbymartin15 so lucky! it would be dangerous for my bank book if I worked at a fabric store! We moved to a small town with only an expensive quilting store so I have to plan my projects well for when I get I to the nearest city to buy fabric.

Yeah lol I work at Joann fabric so I have learned a LOT of crafts lol... at this point I'm not allowing myself to buy anymore until we find out what we are having lol
  • Options
    Not yet, first I have to finish sweater for DH. GReat post
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    I'm in the process of making a blanket. : D
  • Options
    The baby will inherit DD's nursery and everything so I don't feel the need to make anything for the baby... That might change once we know gender, I suppose.

I just picked up wooden letters at the craft store to make my daughter's name... we need to decorate the spare bedroom for her since she is going to be evicted from the nursery. I want to do a mermaid theme but DH wants a ninja turtles theme or no theme until she is old enough to decide what she wants. I still think an Ariel undersea theme would be cool. She likes fish. I might just sneak the design in there anyway...
  • Options
    Just started working on some fabric "beach balls," one project of (hopefully) many. I'll want to crazy on making nursery stuff and everything once we find out the gender in seven days!
    https://www.purlbee.com/2008/08/17/fabric-beach-balls/
  • Options
    I quilt so I am working on a brightly colored one for a friend who is due in June then I will start on one for out little one once we find out what we are having. :-)
    Married by best friend August 24th, 2013!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jelly Bean is due August 27th, 2015!!!
    It's a GIRL!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I so wish that I was crafty! I have a good friend trying to teach me to crotchet so I can crotchet the baby a blanket but she decided to do one too in case I give up on mine! Lol
  • Options
    Updated!
  • Options
    PixelPosy said:

I made a mobile for DD after not finding anything I liked. If this LO is a boy, I will probably do a similar one. It's a foam craft wreath and small cones with ribbon wrapped around it and flat wood animal cutouts they have at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Was pretty simple to do and has held up really well for 2.5 years with just hot glue. We just hand twisted up the ribbon to make it twirl for her, but I know they do sell battery turn mobile bases if anyone is interested in going this route. 

imageimage
    That is amazing. People would buy that. You should have an etsy account
  • Options
    My mother in law is making a quilt for LO andand working on another on for DD. I am contemplating knitting either a blanket Or a sweater.
  • Options
    Updated!

Love it! So cute!
  • Options
    Just started working on some fabric "beach balls," one project of (hopefully) many. I'll want to crazy on making nursery stuff and everything once we find out the gender in seven days! https://www.purlbee.com/2008/08/17/fabric-beach-balls/

That will be great! Have you seen those beach balls just like the ones you have pictured, but instead of stuffing, have a balloon inside? We have a one and it's the coolest thing. It floats like a balloon but is safe for little ones. You just leave a small (large button sized) hole to insert the balloon into. You can find them on etsy. And the sweater is beautiful!
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Everyone has been buying our lil girl stuff with owls on it, so I decided to make an owl blanket! The owl patch I made was pretty easy. I just used leftover fabric from the quilt I made for the crib, so it all matches!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I crocheted a baby hat and a couple of pairs of booties and am also crocheting a little sleep sack for baby. My mom and I sewed some cloth wipes out of some adorable flannel fabric I found too :-)
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! @GirlOnTheBeach - the hat and booties set is adorable!! Where did you find your pattern for the booties? I can handle a hat, just not the booties yet. lol
  • Options
    Looks good ladies!!! So talented
  • Options
    terradash said:

Oh my goodness! @GirlOnTheBeach - the hat and booties set is adorable!! Where did you find your pattern for the booties? I can handle a hat, just not the booties yet. lol

Thanks! :-) The booties are actually super easy! Here's a link to the video I learned from:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u6K35ZEhehg
  • Options
    As soon as I find out what this sweet little baby is I will be making a blanket. Maybe some burp rage too?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"