March 2015 Moms

Does 2nd C-section mean a 2nd scar

I just really want to know that if i decide to have a 2 bd c-section if it would be a second scar.

Re: Does 2nd C-section mean a 2nd scar

• They typically reopen the original scar unless for some reason there is a complication that requires them to make a different incision. My Dr. warned my with my 2nd c-section that if my scar tissue from the first was really bad he may need to make a vertical incision, but everything was fine and hopefully will be for #3 too!
    imageimage
  • No. My first scar was very ropy and ugly. They cut it out with my second csection and I hardly have a scar at all now! My first incision was closed with staples and my second with stitches. I think that made a big difference. I hope the third one turns out as well. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • My second c-section, the doctor cut along the old scar, and was no more noticeable than the first. Next month I will have my 3rd c-section. Was relieved to hear that it will be stitches instead of staples this time (second was staples... Was weird hearing a stapler in the OR)
  • I did not have a new scar with my second c-section, and don't expect to with my third one either. I think unless there is a complication, they will just go in in the same place. 

• I had 2 previous c sections and a laparoscopy where they used the same incision site. Same spot, same size. Like someone mentioned already, it depends on any complications that may arise, but for the most part, they will use the same site. I do have to say, I've had 2 vaginal births and 2 c sections, and I would choose vaginal birh over c section any day. In my experience, recovery is so much better and the experience was more emotional both times due to the hormones involved in a vaginal birth. I'm trying for another vbac for #5. Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"