March 2015 Moms

Feeling very unprepared

Me and SO are trying to find a place together before DD gets here. In my town, he lives an hour and a half away from me. Everything I have seen I haven't liked! I think about the neighborhoods and the smallest things a lot more now cause of DD. I'm hoping we find something soon we are cutting it really close

Re: Feeling very unprepared

• My posts keep getting cut off! Grrr. Last part was have any of you moms have rooms and things fully prepared? Or unprepared so far?
  • My shower isn't until this Sunday so I'm going to wait until afterwards for the last touches in the nursery. I still haven't baby proofed any rooms in the house or deep cleaned anything before my sons arrival. But we do have a place! I hope you find something that works soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok good, I'm not the only one! Thank you! Me too. New babies def require lots of nesting:O I'm just praying something doesn't go wrong and I have her early! Highly unlikely though, due date is March 19th(:
  • I also feel unprepared i only have a car seat, crib , and some clothes .i have not starting my nesting! Im due on march and I'm afraid to have him early,too. Good luck!!
  • This is my second, but we don't have anything done for the new baby, and I'm due March 8. She'll be sleeping in our room in the pack n play for several months, so I'm not even worried about setting anything else up. Also--I'm moving twice in the next six months for hubby's work...with two babies! I guess that makes the situation different.
    However, from past experience, as long as baby has a place to sleep and several places to lay down (rock n play, swing, bouncy seat whatever), you don't need the rest done for a while. You might LIKE to to, but don't NEED to.
  • It my second , too. For some reason a feel unprepared but StephUng i thing that if could be more like you i wouldn't have so much headaches.
  • This is my third and I have nothing done! I swear by this point in pregnancy with my boys I had their rooms set up, all their clothes, towels, linens, etc washed and put away, car seat, swing, and bouncer put together and set up....I have nothing done for this poor little girl. I haven't washed anything. We still have to put her crib together. I haven't even bought her crib bedding, let alone washed it. She still needs a car seat...I don't know what's wrong with me!
    imageimage
  • jillbabe91jillbabe91 member
    edited February 2015
    Don't feel bad! Girl i have her bassinet and crib bedding (unwashed) and that's pretty much it for her room...a couple decorations but we have not ordered her crib or dresser, we don't even have a place together yet for it LOL no car seat either....I have everything else clothes, pacifiers, bottles etc. So, we will all be just fine!!! Somedays I need to take a breather....if I could breathe @-)
  • @StephUng‌ that's why I stress myself so much because I feel everything HAS to be done. Your are right, as long as baby can sleep comfortably and has somewhere to lay or soothe her she will be good. I bought her bassinet so far, disney princess, that's the theme I'm doing(-:
  • I havent done a thing yet :)
    I think the more babies you have, the less worried you are about setting things up.
    Hubby wants to do the crib.but i keep refusing. Crazy, huh? For one, i dont want to stare at it and for two i have a sassy 5 year old who thinks its a trampoline and will influence her 2 yr old brother to participate *sigh*
  • This all makes me feel so much better. Recently my DH and I have hit hard times and don't have much at all. People keep telling me all I need
    Is a place for them sleep, boobies (im Breastfeeding) and diapers but i still can't help but feel so unprepared.
  • We have nothing ready for our lo due on the 31st of March. I have a few outfits, clothe diapers, and a pak-n-play I purchased a few days ago. I have to agree with nicolerae90 this is our 4th and we are not stressed about having things set up. It will be taken care of in time.
  • I've got my house cleaned and reorganized, but we don't need too much this time around- we have two toddlers already! I mostly just need a new pack and play and some bottles and we're good! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"