August 2015 Moms
Options

Gender Determination at 14 Weeks - Accurate??

I will be 14 weeks and two days when I go to find out baby's gender. The lady promised she would be able to tell with accuracy. Thoughts?

Re: Gender Determination at 14 Weeks - Accurate??

• Options
    Promised?  Well seeing as how trained u/s techs and doctors can be wrong at 20w, I really don't see how she could make such a claim. 
  • Options
    tinktink20tinktink20 member
    edited February 2015
    I'd wait to hear till 17ish weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely not reliable at 14 weeks
  • Options
    My friend found out she was having a boy at 14 weeks. They were right for her.
  • Options

She shouldn't "promise", as mistakes are made all the time.

With that said, I found out at 14 weeks last time, and it was correct. We're planning on doing the same with this baby; the elective place we go to provides a wonderful experience anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    # 1
    BFP: 9/17/2013, EDD: 6/1/2014
    Welcome to the World, Brielle Lorraine: 5/23/2014 @ 2:01pm, 6lbs 6oz, 19.75in
    # 2
    BFP: 12/12/2014, EDD: 8/25/2015
  • Options
    Elective places can be really good early....and 14 weeks isn't out of the question. However you might have to go back a second time if they can't determine it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KLB2T said:

She shouldn't "promise", as mistakes are made all the time.

With that said, I found out at 14 weeks last time, and it was correct. We're planning on doing the same with this baby; the elective place we go to provides a wonderful experience anyway.

This exactly.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The tech asked me at an ultrasound two days ago if I wanted to know. I said, we already know (panorama) but what do you see? She was right. All boy. At almost 14 weeks
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• Options
    I'm going to my local community college on 2/11/2015. Their Sonography Program is giving out free ultrasounds so the students can practice. I'll be 15 weeks and 2 days. I'm hoping I'll be able to see something that resembles boy or girl. I had my dating ultrasound on 12/31/2014 at 9 weeks 1 day. It just looked like a jellybean with legs and arms, so at least this one will resemble a baby, which I willbe more then happy to see even if we can't see the gender yet.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"