October 2015 Moms
Options

Progesterone

Anyone else taking this? Or have in the past? My OB is having me start tomorrow.
Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

Re: Progesterone

• Options
    Mine is having me do injections twice a week. My number was 15 at 7dpo then at 16.6 at 14dpo. I honestly think that's high enough since anything above 10 is good, but he wants to see me in the mid-20s. It doesn't cause crazy side effects or anything, just the shots hurt for a while after it's done. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Oh it's shots? Ugh, I already take blood thinner shots twice a day. :( I'll do what I have too, but that sucks.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been on the oral version as my 21 CD test came back at 11.2 and my doctor wanted it to be 15-20. I was on it during my first pregnancy until 12 weekS. The only side effect is drowsiness so I take mine at night.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • Options
    Thanks @62406‌ I'm going to pick it up this afternoon, so I guess I will find out which she ordered then.

• Options
    I am on progesterone suppositories, so I take them twice a day vaginally. I believe this is the most common way that docs prescribe it. GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    What is the point of that? What does it do?
  • Options
    I have experienced 2 miscarriages in the past. I was prescribed progesterone orally once i was pregnant a third time and it became a successful pregnancy.
    I am now, pregnant again and didnt want to take any chances and asked for it right away.
    The side effects arent fun, but it helps support the pregnancy if your body doesnt produce enough on its own. It keeps the uterine lining from slouching. You will know if your progesterone levels are low by a blood test.
  • Options
    What side effects did you have @ADD5110‌ ? I was given the pills to take once/day. I'm only on my 4th dose.

• Options
    I was on progesterone during my 3rd pregnancy (one before was a loss) and it made me feel drunk. It made me dizzy and lightheaded and sleepy, so I took it right before bed and it knocked me out

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on the compounded suppositories twice a day. I was on the oral prometrium pills taken vaginally with my last pregnancy. These compounded ones are way more of a pita. So much discharge and itchiness and I have to keep them in a special bag in the fridge.
    BFP on 1/27/11 - EDD 10/7/11 - M/C on 2/21/11 @ 7w3d
    BFP on 11/3/11 - EDD 07/6/12 - DD born 6/27/12 via c-section 
    BFP on 1/31/15 - EDD 10/9/15 -- Beta #1 @ 17dpo: 394, Beta #2 @ 20dpo: 1604 (35 hour doubling time!), Beta #3 @ 24dpo: 5287
    1st ultrasound 2/19 6w6d - strong heartbeat and measuring perfectly!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was on progesterone suppositories until week 10. NASTY discharge, but otherwise not too bad. Good you're taking them!
  • Options
    I haven't noticed any side effects from the injections. I'm glad I don't have to think about it every day too. Like I said, I do get some booty soreness where the shot goes in for a day, but otherwise I can completely forget about it. I have 2 doses this week, then go get retested next Wednesday where I'm really hoping they say all is well and I can stop!
  • Options
    I am an egg donor for my BFF and I felt so bad for her! I never had to take progesterone shots but she did every night in the bum.. So painful, that's a thick needle. She iced it beforehand and that seemed to help numb it for her. I just had the tummy shots and those were easy to adjust to as they are smaller. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I expierenced stomach cramps, diaherra, dizziness and fatigue....which are symptoms of pregnancy but it almost makes you feel more pregnant. To be honest with you, it could be from my iron pills too.
    I think once my body gets used to the medication, the side effects will slow down (hopefully). @Jessalicious01‌
  • Options
    I'm taking these as well (after a chemical pregnancy). Experiencing serious bloating and constipation, which are apparently very common.
  • Options
    I'm taking progesterone vaginal inserts 4 times a day. It makes you really tired and So much discharge all day long. So nasty, but it will be worth it.
  • Options
    I'm taking progesterone vaginal inserts 4 times a day. It makes you really tired and So much discharge all day long. So nasty, but it will be worth it.
    FWIW, I am finally off the progesterone and I feel SO MUCH BETTER! The end is in sight! :)
  • Options
    My Dr says my progesterone was low last week -- it was 11, up from 10.2 the previous week. I have another appt in 2 days to see if it has gone up, and if it hasn't he will put me on progesterone. After reading these posts I am going to ask for shots or pills and not the vaginal suppositories...thanks for the heads up ladies! :)
  • Options
    Mine is having me do injections twice a week. My number was 15 at 7dpo then at 16.6 at 14dpo. I honestly think that's high enough since anything above 10 is good, but he wants to see me in the mid-20s. It doesn't cause crazy side effects or anything, just the shots hurt for a while after it's done. Good luck to you!

I think the actual number is not as important as how much your level rises. My doctor said it's supposed to double very 48 hours, so maybe that's why your doctor is prescribing the progesterone.
  • Options

I think the actual number is not as important as how much your level rises. My doctor said it's supposed to double very 48 hours, so maybe that's why your doctor is prescribing the progesterone.
    Your hcg is supposed to double every 48 hours (actually up to 72) not your progesterone.  
    BFP on 1/27/11 - EDD 10/7/11 - M/C on 2/21/11 @ 7w3d
    BFP on 11/3/11 - EDD 07/6/12 - DD born 6/27/12 via c-section 
    BFP on 1/31/15 - EDD 10/9/15 -- Beta #1 @ 17dpo: 394, Beta #2 @ 20dpo: 1604 (35 hour doubling time!), Beta #3 @ 24dpo: 5287
    1st ultrasound 2/19 6w6d - strong heartbeat and measuring perfectly!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JustHyr said:

Your hcg is supposed to double every 48 hours (actually up to 72) not your progesterone.  
    whoops--thanks for the correction!  Sorry about the misinformation there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"