March 2015 Moms

No weight gain

Hello all... I'm 37 and I'm 7 weeks and 2 days from delivering my third child. I know all pregnancies are different and with most of my friends saying my belly is small. Has me a little worried that I may not be gaining like I should or the baby may have a small birth weight...even though I feel massive.... I should also add that I have a ventral hernia. Just wondered if any of you have felt like this. Super excited about my little girl being here soon just want her healthy.

Re: No weight gain

• pics or it didn't happen.... 
  • Loading the player...
  • raya1977 said:
    Hello all... I'm 37 and I'm 7 weeks and 2 days from delivering my third child. I know all pregnancies are different and with most of my friends saying my belly is small. Has me a little worried that I may not be gaining like I should or the baby may have a small birth weight...even though I feel massive.... I should also add that I have a ventral hernia. Just wondered if any of you have felt like this. Super excited about my little girl being here soon just want her healthy.
    No, I have not felt like this.

When I have concerns about my or my baby's health I bring them up to my doctor.

You should try it.
  • I've got a tiny bump also so I know how you feel. I have been monitored with growth scans since I raised concern around 27 weeks and my little boy does in fact have a low birth rate, now at 35 weeks weighs only just over 3lbs.

I would highly recommend seeking advice from your midwife so they can look into it further, just incase something may be wrong so yourself and your little one can get the help you need and to put your mind at ease.

Good luck! :)
  • What does your dr say?
  • CTDD14 said:

I've got a tiny bump also so I know how you feel. I have been monitored with growth scans since I raised concern around 27 weeks and my little boy does in fact have a low birth rate, now at 35 weeks weighs only just over 3lbs.

I would highly recommend seeking advice from your midwife so they can look into it further, just incase something may be wrong so yourself and your little one can get the help you need and to put your mind at ease.

Good luck! :)

Your unborn child has a low birth rate? That doesn't even make sense.
  • Oi. You're almost at delivery; if there was an issue your doctor would have said something. Or you could, you know, ask your doctor.
  • @mandi195‌ I didn't mean low birth weight, I meant low growth rate... My bad! I didn't realise I had wrote that until you pointed it out
  • I have gained about 20 lbs this pregnancy! No weight gain seems kinda strange but it all depends on your body type. If your doctor is okay with it and baby is healthy you are one lucky son of a gun ;) .
  • @raya1977‌ I'm 34 weeks and I've gained 9 lbs total. I ask my OBGYN at every appointment if my weight is ok. Like everything else medical related, I trust him... cause, you know, that's his job. I figure if he's ok with my weight, I'm ok with it.
  • I have gained about 20 lbs this pregnancy! No weight gain seems kinda strange but it all depends on your body type. If your doctor is okay with it and baby is healthy you are one lucky son of a gun ;) .

It is actually not strange at all assuming she didn't start pregnancy at 100 pounds.
  • "But it all depends on your body type" @finallyourturn2‌
  • "But it all depends on your body type" @finallyourturn2‌

I saw that, but the two statements are contradictory. Unless of course you are saying her body type is strange.
  • No I personally haven't felt like this, I have gained almost 40 so far and I am 34 weeks. If anything I would like to not gain anymore, but it's not a big deal. If doc says your fine there's no need to stress or worry even if it's hard. I am the "what if" type of person too.
  • Nope, it makes sense.
  • Thanks for some of ya comments... since this my third..I just assumed I would be larger if that makes sense bc I've had big babies. I did confide in my doctor about how I was feeling,. She let me know me and my lil girl are doing fine and I m all baby . She is growing just fine. It's amazing how each pregnancy is way different... bc of my weight when I became pregnant does affect alot. I have 5 weeks left until I see my Kennedi... thanks again ladies.
  • Pfft i wish i were in your shoes. I gain 5 lbs a week on average now :( but if your doctor isnt concerned you should be fine. Also with it being your third i believe you said....??? Your body is used to stretching and you could just appear small. Im on baby #3 and i actually appear smaller than my others but measure bigger...if that even makes sense.
  • Yes I can totally relate to measuring bigger .... and yes she is third. I have had no complications even though the doctors treat me like I'm 70 yrs old... lol... hoping these last 5 weeks fly by.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"