May 2015 Moms

Monday Bitchfest!

I'm so extremely done with feeling cramped in this damn house. There is NOT enough room. Two bedrooms and DH's grandma is in one of those bedrooms. Granted, ours splits to make it sort of like two bedrooms, but that still doesn't cut it. Our house is falling apart before our eyes. His grandma has had it since like 1969 and NOTHING has been updated or remodled. His mom left us to pick up the fucking slack and I'm not about it. With a baby girl on the way.. I'm officially done buying his grandmas things. That should be up to his mother, grandmas daughter. Before she left she bought her things and NOW it's all on DH's paycheck and that's about to change real quick. Our responsibility is our daughter. Point blank period. I'm done feeling ran over!

What about you ladies?

Re: Monday Bitchfest!

• That's frustrating! :(

My bitch fest; My area is getting another foot of snow today on top of the 2+ feet last week and I still had to go into work even though another campus of the same university 5 miles away was closed. Nothing was plowed/shoveled this morning in Boston. I was able to leave early after lunch time and nothing was still shoveled and most streets still were not plowed at home! I'm seriously not a fan of trudging around in 6+ inches of snow in the streets of a major city while 6 months pregnant. Grrr!
  • Ugh, MissRissx3, I seriously do not know how you do it. If we spend more then a week with my family, or my in-laws,  both my DH and I get antsy to get back to our own space. And that's just visiting, I can't imagine being expected to support them.

My rant may make me sound like a jerk, but I'm tired of my Mom acting like me and my DH are rich. Yes, our total household income is about double my parent's total household income. We also live in one of the most expensive cities in the country, and our rent (for a small apartment nowhere near center city) is more then double their mortgage, and we both put ourselves through school, so we pay some serious student loan debt each month. I think that all that, on top of a high cost of living in general, pretty much evens us out.

We have a monthly budget which we closely follow, and as soon as child care factored in, any monthly savings we've had is going out the door. And yet my mom cannot help but comment on it every time we see her. Whenever we go out with my parents, we always either pick-up or split the bill, which is always a bit awkward. We paid for our own wedding. My sister is hosting a shower for us, but my mom doesn't really approve because she doesn't think we should be expecting other people to buy us stuff for the baby. It's just so unbelievably awkward and I know getting on my DH's last nerve, but I have no clue how to broach the subject with her. End rant.
    ***First-time Mom in New York City | Married 8.16.13 | Expected Due Date 5.29.15***

• Loading the player...
  • Ew to a ton of snow and to hubby having to pay for everything for his grandmother. I'd not like those situations at all, lol. 

My bitch fest: 
    I hate my job. A lot of people do, but I really fucking hate mine. I slacked too much and now I'm having to do school late (28 years old and going to college with a new baby on the way, oh lord) and so I'm stuck at a job that I am not proud of at all. I work in a call center in a tech support department and my boss is the biggest bitch on the planet. 
    I want nothing more than to tell her to fuck off and shove this job where the sun doesn't shine, but I do make decent money that I could totally use for the next 3 months. 

Another bitch of mine is that I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment with a 75lb dog who drives me up the wall. He was a rescue and he had previously been used as either a bait dog or a fighting dog, but I'm leaning towards bait dog because we have had him around other dogs and he does great. Hes just got fear issues and that scares the shit out of me and I won't allow him around LO once shes born. Hubby doesn't get that the dog is damaged goods and thinks that the dog will react just fine to the new baby, but who knows if he will or not. I'm not risking it. Also, for the record hes been around babies and small children and does great and is gently. I think I'm just overly nervous about it.
  • I am exhausted from a weekend of cleaning, purging and rearranging to prepare our house for sale.  I have a ton to do at work but can hardly think straight I am so tired. 

Today I signed up for my 5th March of Dimes walk in honor of my micro premie neice and nephew and I am probably being sensitive but I cannot stand when people hope their babies arrive early.  I hope those of you who do this just don't know that what your wishing for or how so many others hope and pray for baby to stay put till they are fully developed so they can have a better and easier life.  Even 4 weeks early is often too early and babies lungs can still need further development - we want these babies to bake as long as they need!  Rant over

Pregnancy Ticker

• Our maintenance company that takes care of stuff on base is an absolutely joke.

This is the 4th issue in a row I've called them about, and they can't do a damn thing right.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I have been waiting for this Bitchfest rant all weekend. I actually wanted to start a thread about this but figured I would just wait.

My DH, god bless him, is being the most immature child right now. I can't even deal with him. He is usually the most caring, amazing, hilarious, outgoing person I have ever met and I know that I truly love him more than anyone I've ever met. However. 

He is acting like he is going through a mid life crisis at 33. We  have been married since October 2013 and children have always been a part of the plan. We had originally talked about waiting to TTC after our second year wedding anniversary, well needless to say we got an early surprise. I am 27 and we both have degrees and good jobs with health insurance, blah blah.  So, although initially we were shocked and I was freaking out, he was so supportive and excited. 
    Lately he's been acting like a frat boy. He's been going out with his sister and not getting home until 2-3 once even 4 am. I love DH's family and have no problem with him going out to drinks with them etc. However it is beginning to worry me that he is not prepared for this baby and ready to be a responsible parent who can't do that shit anymore.
    Yesterday we were at my brother in laws house and I was talking my sister in law about it because DH and his brother have very similar personalities. One of the neighbors said "Oh I live near you guys now if you ever need a baby sitter  let me know!" Well DH responds jokingly "Are you available May 4th?" (EDD May 3rd) and I swear I almost punched him. 

Do any STM+ have any experience with this kind of behavior previous to the birth of your first child? I may be worrying/getting pissed for nothing. I hope when the baby arrives, DH is ready to settle down but for now it's really unnerving. 
  • Annnnnnnnd I just had a major fucking breakdown. The agreement to this whole living situation is quite simple. We buy the food, the laundry stuff, shower stuff, OKAY everything and grandma pays the house, and utilities. DH mom is joined with grandma in an account. His mom would put money in monthly to pay for her own car, insurance and credit card. While grams social security goes to our house bills. Simple right? So why the FUCK does she decide to stop putting money into the fucking account since December and she's been skating Scott free for two months not paying her own bills and using all of grandmas money to pay her car, insurance and fucking credit card?! Without my knowledge! I am the online bill payer because apparently it's too damn hard for anyone else to do it, so I've been noticing grandmas money has been running real thin lately. I get stressed and what does DH say? "You're overreacting big time."
    Fuck him too!
  • I completely forgot to start this! It's been very rough around here. I pulled a muscle last week from digging my stuck car out from the end of my driveway from the blizzard last week and haven't been able to work for over a week. Hell, I haven't even been able to walk!

Now it's snowing again. Let's hope I don't get my car stuck again. Because if it gets stuck this time, I'm going to say fuck it and walk away.

On another note, I have to redo 2 rooms before baby gets here. My sons new room he's moving into and the nursery. I keep asking DH to just start taking the shelving off the walls to start the process and he ALWAYS seems to have an excuse. One day, I'm just going to attempt it my damn self.
  • Oh this is wrong on so many levels!! Sorry that you have to deal with it!
  • it took me 20 fucking minutes to find out board with the new look of TB. GRR lol

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

•  One of the neighbors said "Oh I live near you guys now if you ever need a baby sitter  let me know!" Well DH responds jokingly "Are you available May 4th?" (EDD May 3rd) and I swear I almost punched him. 

Not a STM, so I have no advice as far as that goes, but I would have knocked the hell out of him and told the neighbor that maybe you'll be the one needing the babysitter, but it won't be for your new LO...it'll be for DH. 
  • I need this thread today I am seriously on the verge of punching anyone in sight!!!

Woke up cleaned house took dd to school ran over 3 hours worth of errands then...

Spent over an hour in walmart attempting to do our baby registry just to deal with incompetent, lazy, disrespectful employees... And apparently they don't think you can do a registry in store despite what they advertise in store and online. I gave up with the girl we were talking to and left angry and frustrated...called the walmart in the next town over they said come in we will take care of your registry, drive 25 mins over there and all their scanners were magically broken.. Like really?

Told DH I'm ready to go home and relax for the rest of the day after picking up DD (which might I add he made us late to picking her up from school) Well apparently he had different plans, such as dragging me to the fishing shop, going to goodwill to "look around", and grocery shopping as a whole family.. Ahhh I have zero patience today and it sounds rediculous these are things we normally do all together but today I feel like curling up in a ball and crying. And NOT being at the grocery store lol.
  • Annnnnnnnd I just had a major fucking breakdown. The agreement to this whole living situation is quite simple. We buy the food, the laundry stuff, shower stuff, OKAY everything and grandma pays the house, and utilities. DH mom is joined with grandma in an account. His mom would put money in monthly to pay for her own car, insurance and credit card. While grams social security goes to our house bills. Simple right? So why the FUCK does she decide to stop putting money into the fucking account since December and she's been skating Scott free for two months not paying her own bills and using all of grandmas money to pay her car, insurance and fucking credit card?! Without my knowledge! I am the online bill payer because apparently it's too damn hard for anyone else to do it, so I've been noticing grandmas money has been running real thin lately. I get stressed and what does DH say? "You're overreacting big time." Fuck him too!
    Um, you're not overreacting...you're about to have a child. Not only are you going to be financially responsible for the child, but the grandmother too? I'd put a stop to that shit real quick. Have you got the type of relationship where you can speak to MIL about it, or would DH get upset that you went behind his back to do so?

• Annnnnnnnd I just had a major fucking breakdown. The agreement to this whole living situation is quite simple. We buy the food, the laundry stuff, shower stuff, OKAY everything and grandma pays the house, and utilities. DH mom is joined with grandma in an account. His mom would put money in monthly to pay for her own car, insurance and credit card. While grams social security goes to our house bills. Simple right? So why the FUCK does she decide to stop putting money into the fucking account since December and she's been skating Scott free for two months not paying her own bills and using all of grandmas money to pay her car, insurance and fucking credit card?! Without my knowledge! I am the online bill payer because apparently it's too damn hard for anyone else to do it, so I've been noticing grandmas money has been running real thin lately. I get stressed and what does DH say? "You're overreacting big time."
    Fuck him too!

Um, you're not overreacting...you're about to have a child. Not only are you going to be financially responsible for the child, but the grandmother too? I'd put a stop to that shit real quick. Have you got the type of relationship where you can speak to MIL about it, or would DH get upset that you went behind his back to do so?

MIL is alwaaaays right. And I guess dh and her came to some sorta agreement behind my back?! I never talk to her, I'll send him to do that job :) I put up with enough.
  • I have another bitch that I need to get off my chest before I basically explode. 

Today is my birthday and even though we don't have a lot of money right now, my husband will be taking me to dinner tonight. 
    Well, he got off at 4 and then has a family business that he goes to until 6 or 6:30 and then comes home. Well every Monday they have a meeting up there and please keep in mind that its just my husband, his dad, and his brother. Both of them hate me, but whatever...kinda unimportant right now. 

Anyway, husbands brother is married too and anytime there is anything to do with his wife like a birthday or anniversary he just leaves early from the business and doesn't pay any mind to anyone else. 

I called DH to see if we were in fact going anywhere tonight so I can be ready when he gets home, he says yes. I ask him if hes coming home before 7 or so because I knew he had the meeting, but figured its my damn birthday so he would skip it. HE SAID "WELL UH...I HAVE THAT MEETING TONIGHT AT 6"...omfg. LADIES...wtf. 

I said "well, is your dad and brother already there for the meeting?" he said yes, so I asked him if he was going to just come home earlier and he said no again. I almost lost it. I was like "well anytime its BIL's wifes birthday or anniversary he leaves early, but you can't?" 
    Ugh...he didn't say anything and just sort of paused, so I said "whatever, I'll be ready when you get home." 

Now I'm trying to decide if its worth arguing over when he gets home, but fuck...I feel like it is because it made me cry that his stupid meeting (which is never about anything really) is more important than making me feel happy on my birthday. 

Another rant...baby is positioned just right that it feels like shes tugging on my belly button while kicking my bladder and cervix at the same time. Its not PAINFUL, but very highly uncomfy and borderline painful. 
    I love her to pieces already, but I almost peed myself two times in the last several hours.
  • I have another bitch that I need to get off my chest before I basically explode. 

Today is my birthday and even though we don't have a lot of money right now, my husband will be taking me to dinner tonight. 
    Well, he got off at 4 and then has a family business that he goes to until 6 or 6:30 and then comes home. Well every Monday they have a meeting up there and please keep in mind that its just my husband, his dad, and his brother. Both of them hate me, but whatever...kinda unimportant right now. 

Anyway, husbands brother is married too and anytime there is anything to do with his wife like a birthday or anniversary he just leaves early from the business and doesn't pay any mind to anyone else. 

I called DH to see if we were in fact going anywhere tonight so I can be ready when he gets home, he says yes. I ask him if hes coming home before 7 or so because I knew he had the meeting, but figured its my damn birthday so he would skip it. HE SAID "WELL UH...I HAVE THAT MEETING TONIGHT AT 6"...omfg. LADIES...wtf. 

I said "well, is your dad and brother already there for the meeting?" he said yes, so I asked him if he was going to just come home earlier and he said no again. I almost lost it. I was like "well anytime its BIL's wifes birthday or anniversary he leaves early, but you can't?" 
    Ugh...he didn't say anything and just sort of paused, so I said "whatever, I'll be ready when you get home." 

Now I'm trying to decide if its worth arguing over when he gets home, but fuck...I feel like it is because it made me cry that his stupid meeting (which is never about anything really) is more important than making me feel happy on my birthday. 

Another rant...baby is positioned just right that it feels like shes tugging on my belly button while kicking my bladder and cervix at the same time. Its not PAINFUL, but very highly uncomfy and borderline painful. 
    I love her to pieces already, but I almost peed myself two times in the last several hours.
    I am so sorry :( I hope your day gets better.. happy birthday ❤
  • ginger819ginger819 member
    edited February 2015
    DH and I hardly ever fight and this week we were ticked at each other for several days. Most of it was dumb stuff like I was mad he didn't congratulate me on a promotion (he claims he didn't understand I was telling him I got the job I've spent the last month worrying over when I said they were writing up an offer) and he was mad I have nt been helping around the house as much as I should (I admit this is true, but it's so hard not taking a nap after work). Then I was doing bills and he has $900 on his credit card in one month!! I mean really? He spent $90 at Costco that he couldn't even tell me what he bought. Some of it was stuff I had told him to buy so I don't get mad I just tell him we have to watch the budget this month. Then the next day I text him and tell him to not use that credit card and use a different one. That night he gets mad at me for buying a baby monitor and travel system (that I got for less than half price on sale) when I "told him he couldn't spend any money". To make it worse I used money I had already set aside for the baby items well need. He apparently thinks we should use that money on him. I got so mad I debated grabbing some clothes and going to my parents house for the night. I mean way to step up and be a parent and put your child first. He eventually realized how unreasonable he was being and we've made up, but it's still irritating to me.
  • daiseyc123daiseyc123 member
    edited February 2015
    Two things to bitch about...

First, the snow! I know it's winter in Maine, but another foot today and the high today was 3 before the wind chill? Really? That's nearly 4 feet in the past week. 

Second, I really am trying to nest and get our house in order, but DH is not really helping. To be fair, he's been working like crazy to make a deadline. However, we're trying to essentially switch a bunch of rooms around in our house, but the things I have to move are DH's work things and heavy furniture which require his help. 
  • This is definitely a dumb thing to be a bitch about, but I work night shift and ordered myself a pizza to snack on throughout the night since I had forgotten my lunch at home. Someone I work with thought they had the right to dig their hands into my damn pizza and eat half of it. I'm sorry, did you pay for that? No? THEN DON'T EFFING TOUCH IT!! As a result, I went into a ridiculous rage about the nerve of some people helping themselves to a pregnant girl's food. Ugh, first world problems...
  • blankenbakerhblankenbakerh member
    edited February 2015
    Wow ladies! Sorry to hear this!

@mrsphillips610‌ You have every right to be annoyed with your DH! He should be home supporting you and helping you not acting like a single frat boy! You are better than me because the first time my DH rolled into my house at 2/3am after being out drinking the sh&@ would hit the the fan! We would be having what I call a good ole fashion talking to. It's time to grow up! You are having a child together and he is as much a part of that as you are. You need to sit him down and tell him what you expect of him as a father and husband. You need to let him know that you are not comfortable with his actions and ask him why he is doing it. I would also tell him that you are not going to tolerate such inconsiderate behavior. He can do with it what he wants but it's important he knows how you feel, your expectations, etc. Its also equally important that you know his. I mean you did not get pregnant by yourself. I hope things get better!

@MissRissx3‌ I am really sorry you are having to deal with that! I hope thing get worked out soon!

My Monday Bitch: Really just an extension from the weekend. We moved my MIL out of the house to her new place ( she has a lot of stuff enough to fill a 3br house) and then had to move our stuff out of storage, paint a bedroom while trying to unpack. Needless to say I am exhausted and sore! I had contractions and cramping pains yesterday from over doing it. No where done with packing. Did I mention that while she moved into a freshly clean place, I am here left to clean up a huge mess!!!! I am going to be scrubbing floors, baseboards, bathrooms, etc. for days:( I have cleaned most of it but every time I think I am getting close to done it's like nope! Also my kids have been going BSC for the last 2-3 months because their granny was around. It's not her fault but it just messed up their routines and has them all out of sorts! I feel like I am never going to get anything ready for this baby because the house is in such chaos! I haven't done the first thing to get ready for her other than pick up stuff I am borrowing from a friend and buy a co-sleeper. We still have to get a crib and everything else we need. We are buying it all because we gave everything away thinking our DS was the last baby. Since we have other children I am not planning nor would I ever expect anyone to buy us anything for this baby. So while I know we are purchasing everything it's just stressful because stuff isn't cheap! Lol!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MissRissx3 Thank you hun. He has been such a turd today. I just wanted to go to dinner with him, but I'm guessing that isn't going to happen. "Our Place" that we go to closes at 8pm and its 6:45 right now, so that leaves very little time to get there and eat. I don't want to rush through my meal because then I'll likely end up getting sick. Excuse me for not having a bottomless pit of a stomach and the ability to inhale my food like he does. Ugh. Right now I'm debating even going because it'll be pointless. Hes so selfish. 

• MissRissx3 Thank you hun. He has been such a turd today. I just wanted to go to dinner with him, but I'm guessing that isn't going to happen. "Our Place" that we go to closes at 8pm and its 6:45 right now, so that leaves very little time to get there and eat. I don't want to rush through my meal because then I'll likely end up getting sick. Excuse me for not having a bottomless pit of a stomach and the ability to inhale my food like he does. Ugh. Right now I'm debating even going because it'll be pointless. Hes so selfish. 

So sorry!!! Happy Birthday to you though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm bitching about my baby shower again.. So i never wanted to have one because I didn't want to have to deal with the stress and having to get things done etc. but then my partners aunty said she wanted to do one and she'll plan everything and was really excited so I said yes. She planned for it in April which was perfect plenty of time but then... Partners mother (who I absolutely love) took over and put the date for 2 and a half weeks away. I then had to rush to get a registry done so I can give her the details for the invites then she said I had to sort out invited so then I had to try to get all these addresses which I still haven't got them all and she kept adding more people so I didn't have enough invites ahhhhhhh I didn't want a shower cause I didn't want to deal with this but I'm still thankful it's not like I'm being told to do a lot but with the short amount of time it's stressful!! Sorry for the long rant.
  • I'm....so very tired. And bitchy. And I want to sit and have a full out tantrum. I want to bite someone's head off. During the day I am so exhausted that I feel physically weak and can't think to get my work done. I can't wait to go to sleep. I finally get into bed and my brain wakes up and I worry about work, money, baby. So, yeah...Back in bed. Wish me luck!
  • I'm sick of working, I do 42 hours a week and it's gettin too much. I've hinted at my team leader but not said I want to reduce hours. I'll give I week or so as I'm almost 27 weeks and then ask for reduced hours. I hate everyone in my office for no apprant reason.
  • Today I got a ticket for not having a parking permit in my car window, when it was clearly in my window... how does that even happen?! Now I have to pay $80 and hopefully they will refund it when I argue it, but what a waste! I am seriously so pissed!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been waiting for this Bitchfest rant all weekend. I actually wanted to start a thread about this but figured I would just wait.

My DH, god bless him, is being the most immature child right now. I can't even deal with him. He is usually the most caring, amazing, hilarious, outgoing person I have ever met and I know that I truly love him  
    I have been through something similar. My DH was going through this through out November and December. Going out a lot with friends to the club or out drinking (he was not a big drinker previously). At first I was fine with it. He had been holed up me for several weeks because my first trimester sucked and he took on most of the things I did. Like cleaning, dropping off and picking up DD from school etc. But after awhile it became an issue and I could tell he was doing it because he was struggling with the pregnancy and the changes we were experiencing. I sat down and talked to him about it. It took a couple such talks for us to figure it out but more than anything he just needed a little reassurance that WE would still be the same. We have two DDS from previous relationships but this LO is our first together. Sit and talk to your hubby and hear him out you may find he has valid concerns and just needs to know they are important to you.
  • Sounds like my experience with my DH. Talking absolutely helped. He acts like a donkey if I scold him...hmmm, I do too ;)
  • swiftrr said:
    I'm sick of working, I do 42 hours a week and it's gettin too much. I've hinted at my team leader but not said I want to reduce hours. I'll give I week or so as I'm almost 27 weeks and then ask for reduced hours. I hate everyone in my office for no apprant reason.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one tired of working. I do 40hrs per week at  25.5 weeks pregnant. I've got an easy desk job, but my boss is a bitch and I seriously debate walking out of that place and telling her to fuck herself everyday. She is so unprofessional and YELLS at employees while others are on the phone. She brings her emotions to work with her. I swear everyone can tell when she finally gets laid because she acts like a different person. 

The sad thing where I work is that there are no part time schedules, so if it comes down to it I'll end up having to go on early maternity leave or I'll have to quit. :( 

• rosannewild 

Thank you so much. Hearing about others that have gone through this really makes a huge difference. DH and I were/are a very social couple. We love going out with friends to dinner and doing social activities like  charity bbqs and social sports, So I think that yall hit the nail on the head when you said that he needs reassurance that we will still be us. I know him and I know he doesn't do well with me telling him what to do (ultimatums etc) so I think yall are right. I just need to sit down with him and talk about how this baby will affect our life and include the ways that it won't change us. I've sat back and let him do his own thing for a while and living in New Orleans (garden district) we are so very close to all the fun stuff it is hard/unrealistic to sit at home all the time but I am starting to feel insecure about the outings on his own and can definitely see it growing into a huge issue if we don't address it soon. 

This is why I love this community. This issue is not something I feel comfortable talking to my family or his family about, because I don't want them to think badly of DH. It's nice to get the opinion of those outside our relationship who have no bias either way.

Thank you guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"