July 2015 Moms

Facebook Rant!

BabysMomma4BabysMomma4 member
edited January 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Maybe this could've went in the randoms thread, but I was hoping to get as many opinions as possible. This also could be an UO, but it's just how I feel about it.

I can't hardly stand Facebook anymore with how abusive people are with it. Now it's not actual "abuse", but in my opinion it is! I don't understand why people feel the need to announce every time they're doing anything. Example - "Headed to Wal-Mart!!" or "I'm so pissed." These are so annoying to me. Equally annoying is when they post selfies of them doing everything they do. And these are grown ass people! I could understand teenagers, but people my age and older is just ridiculous!

What is the purpose of a status update of "I'm so pissed." Okaaaay.... You want to elaborate on that or you want to just let everyone know to avoid you? Looking for some sympathy? I don't get it. I also have a good friend from hs on there that always yaps about her financial situation and how she has no money. Would anyone help her with gas money yadda yadda.... I feel bad for her and have helped her myself but it's not really something you should announce to 500 people on your Facebook. Try private messaging to a small group of people you're close to!

And selfies.... I hate selfie-obsessed people! I think it's fine what we do on here with the HDBD. I love seeing those. But people just snapping a pic of themselves in their car while they're headed to work.... So stupid. It comes across as narcissistic. I have a couple of people that are truly obsessed with themselves and have multiple pictures of themselves on there daily. I usually just get pissed when I'm on there anymore and quickly get off. I only use it to share my kids stuff/pics with family and friends once in awhile or to share news with multiple people. I definitely don't post multiple times a day. Heck I don't even post weekly. I like reading stuff about what is going on in others lives. I'm just sick of the narcissistic crowd who appear to think everyone wants to know when they're taking a crap or how cute they think they are when headed to grocery shop.

End of rant!! Thanks for listening if you made it through the whole post!! :)

Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
Mikey - 11/08/2000
Eden - 02/23/2003
Alora - 04/07/2006
Elsie - 07/08/2015
Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

Re: Facebook Rant!

• Why don't you delete those people? I deleted lots of people cause I find it annoying as well. Some are family so I just have my settings so I don't see everything they post every 5 min. Or just delete your FB and take a break from it.
  • Delete those people! There's no shame in it! Like you I use FB to
    Post pics of my kids, and their accomplishments for family.

The other day I even took myself off a yard sale group, because of a lady posting a gofundme so she could Put down money on a house, because she was getting evicted from her apartment. Maybe I'm a little callous, but if you can't afford your rent how can you afford a mortgage? Charity doesn't last forever.

Sorry to hijack your post, but I couldn't agree more with your post!!
  • Loading the player...
  • This is one of the reasons I kicked fb 6 months ago... Now I don't know where I found the time for it lol
  • I hide those people. They have no idea I never see what they post, but if I need/want to see them on a bored day then I can.

I think vaguebooking is incredibly AWish but I'd never let it affect my mood, I just roll my eyes and move on. I'll never give fb that much power.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have hid or deleted so many ppl because of this.. SO annoying. My sister actually posted about her experience at the obgyn a little while back and I was so embarrased for her. Ugh, social media is so abused these days. Tell someone who cares, really.
  • I deleted fb years ago for this reason I feel like fb is for loser's with no life who are obsessed with themselves. It was fun when I was young now I could care less. You should delete those losers or delete fb in general.
  • Rose0825 said:

I deleted fb years ago for this reason I feel like fb is for loser's with no life who are obsessed with themselves. It was fun when I was young now I could care less. You should delete those losers or delete fb in general.

Well that wasn't at all insulting to those of us who do use Facebook.
  • I didn't mean it to people who use it for the reasons that the OP said she uses it for like family long distance and kids etc. Yeah I do stand firm on people being losers if they are on there conducting themselves the way the OP is complaining about.
  • Yeah I got so fed up with it I'd just be so pissed after looking at it so I deleated it long time ago. So much less drama. Not worth the time. If theres someone I want to keep up with pick up a phone.
  • Delete those people that annoy you so much. Or don't go on if you know that it can get you so riled up, that is just not healthy. Or just take a FB break and come back with a more relaxed attitude. Good luck
  • I have hidden some of them but some are family and we communicate through there so I can't hide/delete them all. I wasn't really looking for a solution, however. I just wondered if other people had it on their new feeds as well! And if others also thought it was dumb that people broadcast every minute of their day and needed to vent about it! I'm glad others agree! Thanks everyone for sharing!

Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
    Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015
    Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"