March 2015 Moms

Perfection at 33+4 weeks- Nico Salvatore

hi everyone!
Not sure if anyone remembers me, I've been MIA from TB the last couple months. The site never works for me on mobile and i never had the chance to get on the computer, but I have been a lurker!!
And I finally had the chance to log on here because I'm no longer working because at 33+4 weeks I gave birth to my beautiful little boy!

While I was considered high risk for a few reasons including Bicornuate uterus, my pregnancy was going great. I felt great and baby was doing great besides the fact that he was measuring a little small. Then at 32 weeks out of nowhere I woke up one day with so much swelling it was painful! I had no swelling prior so I got nervous and went to the hospital. They said pressure was high but released me and told me to follow up with my MFM Center in a few days but to come back if my pressure got too high. I had my baby shower the next day, (Sunday) and by Tuesday afternoon I was admitted back in L&D with BPs at 180/115. I saw MFM the next day while admitted and they confirmed it was pre-eclampsia and was pretty bad with protein in my urine, my pressure through the roof, and severe swelling. They told me I wasn't going home until I had the baby but they wanted me at 34 weeks before they delivered me. So they gave me steroids for his lungs, blood pressure medication and magnesium to try and lower my pressure and avoid seizures, and kept me on bedrest. But a few days later nothing was helping and I started getting bad headaches and chest pain.
Saturday night all my symptoms got worse and BP was uncontrollable so they started prepping everything for delivery and then by 9:30am Sunday, January 25 my perfect little Nico Salvatore was born by c-section weighing a whole 3lbs 13oz and 17in long! he was crying and squirming and had a full head of hair, and I was in love!

They took him right to the intermediate care nursery, and after just a few hours of oxygen he was breathing room air on his own. By the second day they removed all his IVs. All his blood work was perfect and by the third day he was successfully bottle feeding! He's amazing. He still has his feeding tube for when he gets tired and can't finish his bottle but 80% of his feedings are all bottle or breast!

I was discharged last night, and it was the hardest thing in the world to leave him but I'm praying that we will be able to bring him home soon. At the rate he's going the nurses are confident that he may only need another week or two. All he needs now to be discharged is to steadily gain weight.

Congratulations to all our other preemies and best wishes to all our upcoming births!

M & N: 05.27.2012 <3 
Natural M/C: 08.27.13 at 8 weeks
BFP: 07.02.14 ! 
Baby #1 EDD: 03.11.15 

image image image

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Perfection at 33+4 weeks- Nico Salvatore

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"