June 2015 Moms

Gifts for shower hosts??

asturgeon04asturgeon04 member
edited January 2015 in June 2015 Moms
Has anyone thought about giving gifts to the people who are throwing or did throw you a baby shower? I would like to do something to say thank you. But I don't have a lot of $$ and there are 4 who are throwing 1 of my showers and 2 for another shower plus one at work and a Friend who wants to throw me a small shower for just a select group of women I am friends with. I'm not quite sure what kind of gift would be appropriate. Any suggestions?

Re: Gifts for shower hosts??

• I gave mini rose bush plants to all of my shower hosts.
  • I threw a shower for my friend a couple of months ago and she gave me a little flowered plant and a gift certificate for a pedicure. It was a really awesome gift!
  • Loading the player...
  • Love this idea and thanks to all for suggestions.
  • I was actually just discussing baby shower stuff with my boyfriend sister and have been thinking the same thing. What to get the ppl throwing the showers... I'm have a few showers. Before the baby is here. A friend wants to have one with a select group, my cousin wants to have one for my side of the family and my boyfriend sister wants to have one for his side of the family. We both have huge families. And there is a distance between our families so easier to have 2 separate. One Shower will be after the baby is here, my Nan is having one, but let's face it older lady's don't wanna hang out with a pregnant lady. They wanna hold the baby haha. But definitely liking the bouquet of flowers as a thank you. And good if your on a tight budget!
  • I threw a shower for my BFF, it's not a usual thing in England but it's getting bigger. I got a bunch of flowers in return which was totaly unexpected!
  • Manicure or pedicure gift certificates
  • I like the potted plant idea - specifically I think orchids make beautiful gifts.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree that a potted plant is a great idea.  You can pair it with something little like a coffee/travel mug, gift certificate, or some fancy chocolates/candies.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions girls!
  • I'm getting mine kate spade studs. Something I'd want to receive
  • My friend who is throwing me a shower is due 8 and a half weeks after so I am going to be doing her's after l.o. is born. But if she wasn't, I would probably give her something like a gift certificate to a restaurant or a personalized gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"