January 2015 Moms

Growth Spurts anyone?

Today is the fifth day for my DD as outside baby and I spent most of last night (between midnight and 5:00 am) nursing her and changing her. The rest of the time was filled with trying to stop her angry cries but the only thing that worked is nursing her again!

So when did you ladies experience the first growth spurt and do you think that's what we're experiencing here? I hope that's what it is and not shortage of supply. My milk just came in 2 days ago and I'm not sure how much she's getting.
July 2014

Re: Growth Spurts anyone?

• Totally agree with @grumpycat88 about getting a weighted feeding done if you are concerned.  Once we had that done it is when I felt confident that ds was getting enough.  They weigh baby before and after feeding to find out exactly how much he/she is getting.  Also, like gc stated, if the wet/dirty diaper count is in the right range and no brick dust is there, those are good signs your baby is getting enough milk. 

My breast feeding book says the "normal" growth spurts are 10 days, 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months I think.   Like everything in life, one person's normal is different than someone else's but I think this is likely a good guide line.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"