September 2015 Moms
Options

please help! ms + community based mental health.

I experienced morning sickness for the first time hardcore yesterday. My problem? I was at a client's house. I was afraid of vomiting on their carpet. Plus, I really don't like vomiting in front of people.

I do community based mental health and most of my meetings are at client's homes or in my car. I tired to push thru my meeting but had to leave early and I took pto. What do I do, especially not knowing when it can come on. *sigh*

I will be talking to my boss, but I need some "I've been there in the field" advice.

Re: please help! ms + community based mental health.

• Options
    I would think this would be difficult especially since you never know what kind if smells you'll run into in another persons house/car. You wouldn't have any control if the situation. You may want to see if your boss can reassign you until you get passed the morning sickness part.
  • Options
    No advice but lots of sympathy. Tough!
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Zofran ODT. Pop one and it dissolves in your mouth. Great antiemetic.
  • Options
    I second the zofran comment. It is worth a shot anyway to see if can help you get through the client meetings
  • Options
    Is that medication one I could take if I'm not feeling naseous as a preventative measure? Lol. Thankfully the client I was with was understanding-she even tried to encourage me through the appointment!

I appreciate the advice and support. My job is one thing I thought of as soon as I found out I was pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"