September 2015 Moms
Options

bacterial vaginosis should i be alarmed?

so this morning my ob gyne called me up to tell me what my papsmear's results were. And turns out i have bacterial vaginosis.

Is this something worth worrying about? She gave me medicine and told me to yake it for a week. Im having another ultrasound in a week. Articles i read say that it goes away eventually when treated but still i am nervous about it!

Any insight on this? Im on my 7th week now

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Wow thanks for the reply! Was afraid no one would notice my question or no other mommy is going through this. Guess ill wait til my ultrasound..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry, tried to post on this over the weekend but I have a terrible time with my mobile device.

I actually insert metro gel once a week.  The OB assured me it was safe and that they give it out all the time for pregnant patients with BV.  It's more dangerous not to take your meds.  I am prone to BV, so I insert the meds once a week to prevent it from flaring up again. 

Also, don't be upset if it comes back again....it's very common for it to re-occur.  If you just take your meds as prescribed, the BV won't harm your little one.  :)
  • Options
    Have you ever had pink spotting using Metrogel?
  • Options
    No, never....just some clear discharge the next day.  I think I'm addicted to that stuff.  It makes me smell so nice and fresh down there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"