February 2015 Moms

Not Dropped 39 wks

a little discouraged by the not dropping but I am encouraged that I am 1.5 dilated and 60 % effaced. I really want this baby to drop but I can't tell if it has but according to others it's still pretty high. Anyone experiencing this???

Re: Not Dropped 39 wks

• Who knows. My doctor asked me if I felt like the baby dropped and I said no, while he said it looked like he did. In the end, I figure it doesn't matter. Baby will come when he comes.
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• My DD never noticeably dropped until I was in active labor.
  • Loading the player...
  • srcr2011srcr2011 member
    edited January 2015
    t8keepr03 said:

My DD never noticeably dropped until I was in active labor.

Me too. With this LO, some say they noticed I have, some say I havent yet. I can't tell either way, so I'm assuming I haven't
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• srcr2011 said:

t8keepr03 said:

Me too. With this LO, some say they noticed I have, some say I havent yet. I can't tell either way, so I'm assuming I haven't
    Same here. Some days people will say I dropped but other days not. I think it's just some days this one sits lower than other days.
  • The only reason I know my LO "dropped" is because I can feel him in my pelvis now. Before that I would roll my eyes to people who would ask me. Yes I can breathe better now but it is more uncomfortable
  • I woke up one morning around 36 weeks and when I was getting ready to go to the bathroom I looked down and freaked out. I had a brief crazy thought my baby was gone. Pulled up my tshirt to Obviously see he was still there but my bump was just not sticking out as much. I had been restless more than usual the night before. But the doctor confirmed he dropped when they checked me for dilation. They told me his head was as down as it goes. Plus when they listen to the heart beat they can usually guess where baby's head is. If your doctor isn't concerned- try not to worry! I know it's hard, since we worry about everything. But lots of moms never experience the "drop" until they are in active labor! It's so hard knowing that everyone is different and not knowing what will happen to you.
  • My midwife says second + babies don't usually drop until you are in labor. They have more space to float around and there is no real reason to drop and restrict themselves unless they are ready to come out.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• With both my babies I haven't felt a noticeable drop. My little guys tend to just stretch out more once their heads start moving down. At my last appointment my doctor said he could feel the head when doing my cervical check, but I've felt zero change. I still feel kicks high up in my to cage just like before.

Try not to get discouraged, baby will get out one way or another
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been "dropped" since 35 weeks and 2 weeks later I'm still not dilated or effaced so it's all just a guessing game. No worries! Baby has its own timing. :)
  • Ive come to realise that there is no order in which things should happen some babies drop and yet aren't dilated for others it's the opposite way round. Baby will come when baby wants and in however way he seems fit to kick start it... Sit tight and enjoy
  • If it makes you feel any better, my baby had dropped a couple of weeks ago and OB remarked that he was very low, and now I feel like he's floated back up. Apparently that happens!
  • t8keepr03 said:

My doctor had told me this was quite common for FTM so to not be surprised if it doesn't happen before then. Oh, doctors...
  • edited February 2015
    I had a supervisor tell me I still looked like I was carrying high. Two days prior, I had a doctor appt where the doctor told me DS was as low as he could get. My belly doesn't necessarily look like he dropped, but the low back pain and more frequent bathroom usage tells me otherwise.

Edited to say I'm not dialated at all.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"