December 2014 Moms

Getting pregnant while breast feeding

hi ! My first discussion here, and u hope I'm not repeating this topic. Can u get pregnant while breast feeding? Baby is 8 weeks old and we are thinking about trying for another so they are close. Still no period, is it possible to fall pregnant?

Re: Getting pregnant while breast feeding

• Yup.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• Thanks for ur replies :) I guess I would just need to take a test every now and then as missing a period would be the sign, but not having a period anyway makes it hard to tell.

What about elevit ? Is that safe to take during breast feeding or should that be given a miss ?
  • Loading the player...
  • You could get pregnant anytime, but if you are exclusively breastfeeding your cycle will typically take longer to return. With DS#1 it took seven months for my cycle to return. Don't get discouraged if it has been a few months. Your body is just not ready yet =)
  • I got pregnant with DD while nursing DS. My period had returned but yes just bc your nursing doesn't mean you won't have a period.
  • Talk you you doctor if you are concerned.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Yup, my sister didn't even have her cycle back yet and fell pregnant. She didn't even realize she was pregnant until she was past the first trimester.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • april8416 said:

hi ! My first discussion here, and u hope I'm not repeating this topic. Can u get pregnant while breast feeding? Baby is 8 weeks old and we are thinking about trying for another so they are close. Still no period, is it possible to fall pregnant?

Fall pregnant? Are you British?

Test
  • My mom had me while breastfeeding 11 months after my sister (my sister was born October 17 and I was born Sept 17 of the next year, and we were in the same grade bc Oct 1st was the cutoff). She said it was no fun having two young kids so close together, not to mention the exhaustion from pregnancy and having an infant in tow. She did have twins 7 years later and said that was so much easier than having babies that are close together in age. Just FYI.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am also an Irish twin and was the oops of my family.  It was really rough on my mom being pregnant with a LO that was just a few months old.  Also, my sister and I didn't have a really good relationship growing up since we are so close in age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"