May 2015 Moms
Options

Curious...

I am 23 weeks and I went to my check up today and my doctor told me that my baby is measuring small at about 20 weeks. She said its nothing to be concerned about right now. Her heart rate is normal and she is very active. Just curious if any mommies out there experienced this and what changes they made to help the baby.

Re: Curious...

• Options
    My daughter was measuring small my entire last pregnancy. They monitored with ultrasounds but was born at a lil over 6 lbs and is still petite

Some babies/people are just small
  • Options
    yeah, it's okay. as long as baby is above the 15th percentile you're okay.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BABY NINJA!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a follow up us to remeasure our baby girl. We were 25 weeks at the last us and her head was measuring about a week ahead of her legs which the dr said was normal because of either the way baby is laying or just genetics. She said they normally grow out of it and not to worry. She said they see that a lot. She said that she is measuring in the 45th percentile of the growth curve though and her heartbeat is great. Fx for you!
  • Options
    My baby girl is measuring in the 20th percentile but the Dr said not to be too concerned yet. Plus I don't know if this has anything to do with it but my fiance and I were both small babies. My doctor told me from the beginning my uterus was small. And I read that if your uterus is small you tend to have smaller babies. She is very active which puts my mind at ease. But I still worry. Thank you everyone!
  • Options
    My husband and I were larger babies. I was 11 1/2 lbs and he was 9 lbs something oz. so I'm not sure. I don't feel like my bump is that large for 26 weeks either. The dr said the 45th percentile is good though. She said she wasn't too small or anything
  • Options
    My baby is huge apparently. He was measuring in the 85th percentile at my 20 week anatomy scan. I'm hoping I don't go much past 36 weeks. It will be horrible to deliver an 11 pound baby without medication.
    First comes love = November 2012
    Then comes marriage = July 19th, 2014

Then comes baby = May 19th 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Praying for #2
    ~6 week loss in January 2016
    ~7 week loss in April 2016

• Options
    My baby is huge apparently. He was measuring in the 85th percentile at my 20 week anatomy scan. I'm hoping I don't go much past 36 weeks. It will be horrible to deliver an 11 pound baby without medication.

Babies born even 4 weeks early can have NICU stays and complications with their lungs - lets hope your baby arrives when it is ready and not early!  I have heard so many stories about the measurements of babies being way off that is why they base your due date off of the first ultrasound and don't adjust it as you go.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My doc never told me how my baby was measuring during my anatomy scan :/ They said everything looked good though.
  • Options
    Hopefully he comes when he feels ready! Every is different and it eases my mind. Waiting till my 32nd week u/s is gonna seem like forever. Anxious to see her and how she is doing over the next few weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"