September 2014 Moms
Options

Stressing about getting DS to nap in crib/pnp

so my DS only takes decent naps in the car seat or swing ( 2hrs) if I lay him in crib/pnp for naps it's like 30 mins. He's 4.5 months now so I'm just wondering at what point do you think I should try and get him out of the habit of sleeping there. The problem with car seat is I have older kids ( one in preschool) that I'm driving around a lot. Anyway thanks for your input!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Stressing about getting DS to nap in crib/pnp

• Options
    I have the same problem- my LO takes his first nap of the day in the swing and lasts between 90 min to two hours- in anywhere else I'm lucky for 45 minutes!
  • Options
    So I'm in the same boat - LO wouldn't do anything but scream in his crib. So he's been in the swing from the get go for all sleep and I was dreading the transition. However two days ago the swing motor died so I figured it was a sign. I just put him in his crib after the 6am feed and he slept there until 7:30. Tried the crib tonight and he just went to sleep! The gods must be taking pity on me. But to your original question about when to transition him, I found this article really helpful!! https://www.troublesometots.com/weaning-baby-off-swing/ If my motor hadn't died LO would be in it until he could crawl out ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"