Trying to Get Pregnant

First time ttc

Hi everyone! I'm new to the bump, and in fact- new to 'trying to conceive' as well. My husband and I decided that this year we want to start a family. Leading up to 'pulling the goalie' (stopping birth control) all I could think was hopefullyl it takes a few months so I can get used to the idea of getting pregnant first! It has been about a month and a half now. Still no period since initially stopping the pill. So I thought- hey let's take a test. Well it's negative. To my surprise I was disappointed. Now it's like I have baby fever.... I even caught myself looking at cribs online! And I joined the bump app and I don't even have a bump to keep track of. Well- I've read all about how and when to conceive but I'm hoping that anyone that can relate might be able to give advice on getting control of this baby fever! Thanks all!

Re: First time ttc

• I haven't been on BC since having my daughter a year ago. Up until recently, we were careful not to have sex during my fertile week.  Well we slipped up and while I thought I'd be happier getting pregnant later this year, I find myself kinda excited, hoping I'll be pregnant.  So I am sorta in the same boat!
    Married June 23, 2012

TTC #1 December 2012
    DD born December 2013 

BFP  January 2015
    Due October 2015

• I just started this bump app- and didn't notice the date on the other post (it was at the top of the list so I just assumed it was new and missed the date.) Just trying to be part of a helpful community and was surprised to see how rude *some* people were being. I'd love to find a place that's better than this one. How am I supposed to know this site isn't popular anymore until someone tells me like you did! Is there a different site that I can go to that is more of a community?
  • Loading the player...
  • Just wanted to say congrats on ttc. It is an exciting time. Just enjoy it and have fun. It's easy to get disappointed and stressed when you are waiting for your period to not show up. For some women it happens right away and others it takes a while. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Moirin88 said:
    You can't sit with us! (I'm to lazy to find a meme)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"