April 2014 Moms

You're the ideas gals, right?

A14 always has helpful advice for stuff like this so...
My parents are both turning 50 this August (born a week apart) and my sister and I want to do something really nice for them. (A get-together is out because they will be traveling to visit us in CA during that time). So what would you guys suggest?
(Pics and/or links would be appreciated)!!

Re: You're the ideas gals, right?

• Is your sister nearby? Why is a get together out of the question? We took my parents to a fancy dinner on their 60th birthdays with all the siblings, Spouse and grandkids. It was pricey but fun to get all dressed up and the kids loved it and so did my parents. It was a place you would not normally see kids but it gave them a chance to learn manners and etiquette. (Mine are the youngest grandkids, the others are ages 5-13). As far as a gift, my parents have most appreciated sentimental gifts like a portrait of the 7 grandkids and a photo quilt with their wedding pictures and each of ours (3 kids, all married).

What's your budget? Maybe tickets to an event or a small vacation?

I remember one year we wrote my grandparents letters for their Christmas gift. They did not need anything so each family wrote them a letter expressing our love and what we had learned from them. My mom compiled them in a book. It was very special. They have since passed away and some of the letters were read at their funerals.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Thanks @zazu13‌ ! As far as get together I meant like extended friends and family. But you're right it would be nice to do a more upscale dinner with my sister who will be traveling here with my parents and my family (DH and LO).
    As far as budget a couple hundred at most. We just did a photo blanket at Christmas even though I love the quilt idea. As I'm typing this I'm thinking maybe a "grandparents & me" photo shoot would be cool so they could be included in the gift... Lots to think about!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks all! I feel a little more thoughtful :-)
  • Talltrees82Talltrees82 member
    edited February 2015

I would either do the dinner or send them on a weekend trip.

um... no.

*box fail*

???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"