March 2015 Moms

frustrated 1st timer.

Baby is almost here. 7wks. i haven't bought anything , I don't know where to start, we just moved, I know this baby is like that's your problem, I'm coming out either way. Ohhhhh my... UGGHHHHHHHH.
OH BABIES ARE EXPENSIVE.

Re: frustrated 1st timer.

• We kind of need a question before we can help you with the answer....

You've presumably had 33 weeks to prepare for this, regardless of a move. So are you looking for baby things you absolutely need before he/she gets here? Or where to find cheap stuff? Both of these questions have already been answered somewhere else on this forum so you could always just look around....
    BabyFruit Ticker

• First take a deep breath, start with a car seat, some cloths to bring baby home in, and whatever you were thinking for the baby to sleep in - either bassinet, co-sleeper or pack & play. You will need diapers, but I suggest taking everything in the cart at the hospital since they must throw everything on it away after you leave. Build from the immediate needs. Start a list & check things off as you get them. Borrow what you can from friends & family since some things the baby only uses for a short time. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • 7 weeks is a long time to get things together and that's what you still have-
    at least 7 weeks (you didn't mention any reason you'd go early). Go out this weekend (or better yet go on amazon today) and you could get all of the things baby actually needs out of the way- car seat, diapers, a few outfits and somewhere for baby to sleep. There's really not that much that you need before baby arrives. I definitely agree babies are expensive!!!
  • You think one is expensive...try two.
  • Car seat. Diapers. Breast pump (if you plan on breastfeeding). Bottles. Formula (if you plan on formula feeding). Swaddle blankets. Baby wipes. Clothes (appropriate for your climate). Everything else you can buy later, those are pretty much the essentials. Good luck and don't over shop! :wink:
  • I feel the same way, I do have some stuff but I keep worrying I won't have enough plus financially everything gets very expensive... My biggest issue is now where I live everyday is so cold like -30 Celsius I have no energy to even shop for cheap stuff
    I'm with you on that one!
    ❤️
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"