1st Trimester

first pregnancy and fear losing baby

This is my first pregnancy, I'm 6 weeks today... lately I've been getting extremely worried about losing the baby. I'm not having any signs of miscarriage at all...but it still worries me. My breast and nipples are extremely sore, big, and sensitive, I'm exhausted, and have mild cramping from my uterus expanding... I go to my doctors for the consultation the 11th. Any of you ladies have tips? Do I just need to stop reading so many things... HELP

Re: first pregnancy and fear losing baby

• It's all very common.  Relax 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!
  • Relax, remember what's meant to be will be. You can't change whether you have a sticky baby or not. Enjoy that you are pregnant today, and remind yourself everyday to enjoy the day.
  • I am exactly in your boat-hope today went well! I go for the first appointment tomorrow. (12th). I have been doing a prenatal yoga DVD for first trimester that has really helped with the stress. It is by Hala Khouri and free On Demand :)
  • emillan11emillan11 member
    edited February 2015
    Hello! I'm right there with you! This is my first pregnancy and I am only 5 weeks. I don't see the doctor until March 3rd (8 weeks). I have bloating, sore/enlarged breasts, cravings, fatigue, mild cramping at night, and I burp for hours after every meal. I always though women "felt" pregnant, I just feel like I ate too much (it'd like Thanksgiving all the time!). I told my husband I'm liking all the symptoms because it reminds me that our little bean is still there. I'm sure we're extra nervous because this is our first rodeo ;) Positive vibes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a FTM also at 6w1d and I understand the way you feel.  Sometimes I'm so worried but I try to tell myself to relax and take it a day at a time.  Hope all goes well and you have a H&H 9 Months.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm in the same boat. This is my first pregnancy ever and I'm 35 years old. My pregnancy symptoms thus far (7w3d) have been very, very mild. I never though much before about miscarriage, but read multiple stories every day on these boards about ladies who have miscarried or had a MMC. My heart breaks for them and I am terrified of it happening to me. My appointment isn't until 3/12. I just want some kind of proof that something is going on in there!
  • I am right there with you on the "first time mommy syndrome." Losing a child or a pregnancy is the worst fear I've ever had, especially  because they were so nervous about an ectopic pregnancy at first. Now that I'm pregnant it beats the intense fear I USED to have that I'd never have children. They way I've been dealing with these phobias is to journal each night, even though I work 17 hours a day I still force myself to take 10 minutes before I fall asleep to write a letter to "My Beautiful Baby." I'm honest about the fears I've had that day but also the excitement. Plus, it will be fun to have for later to read the happy ones to your munchkin as they grow up and the fearful ones to them as they grow up and have their own fears about being a first time parent. The other thing I've been forcing myself to do is switch my pre-sets in the car to classical music or jazz music. It's been allowing me to detox on my commutes to each job. 

Hope this helps, good luck. Trust me, you are absolutely not alone. 
  • Hun....when you are a mama, worrying is natural....i am pregnant with baby #4, i have given birth to 3 healthy beautiful babies and I STILL WORRY ABOUT LOSING THIS BABY. I believe its normal... :)
  • After two years of TTC we fell pregnant on our first IVF cycle. Today I am 5 weeks and 4 days with absolute no symptoms. I am so afraid of something going wrong, so I guess it is normal. I avoid reading about miscarriage and take each day as it comes. I enjoy today and if something will happen in the future we will deal with it then.
  • Today you are pregnant and that's what matters, tomorrow is any other day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ayunker14 said:

This is my first pregnancy, I'm 6 weeks today... lately I've been getting extremely worried about losing the baby. I'm not having any signs of miscarriage at all...but it still worries me. My breast and nipples are extremely sore, big, and sensitive, I'm exhausted, and have mild cramping from my uterus expanding... I go to my doctors for the consultation the 11th. Any of you ladies have tips? Do I just need to stop reading so many things... HELP

25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. It's all luck of the draw & absolutely beyond your control. I've miscarried half of my pregnancies.

The fear is valid, but you need to do your best to push through it. Today you are pregnant & love your baby.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Also, symptoms mean jack. I've had more symptoms with my miscarriages than my successful pg...really, find a good hobby & work through each day. It's truly beyond us. Pray if that's your thing.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• is it normal to have fears of loosing the baby? and do the chances of miscarriage ever decrease at any time during pregnancy?
  • audijones said:

is it normal to have fears of loosing the baby? and do the chances of miscarriage ever decrease at any time during pregnancy?

Yes, it is perfectly natural to fear losing the baby, because I think for most of us we want to be pregnant and the idea of losing something you want is scary.  As each day progresses with a pregnancy the chance of miscarriage goes down. This site, https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12, has a great calendar for figuring out your chance of miscarriage by day.  But make it to nine weeks with everything good and your chances drop to 2%.
  • I had the same fear the whole pregnancy with my first, and here I am with my second and that fear is still that way. If you are a worrier by nature, I think it's normal. Even if you aren't a worrier I still think it's natural to fear something that you are so deeply in love with despite having never met your unborn child. I still check on my son when he sleeps, just to make sure he's breathing. I think it's just part of being a mom
  • I am 6 wks 2 days, with my first and worry about it non-stop, I am 33 and TTC for almost 2 years - this is my first pregnancy. As the person above me said, I am a worrier by nature and as much as I try to not worry and allow the philosophy of "what will be will be", its always on my mind. My mother tells me all the time to get used to it that I will worry about this baby from now until the end of my life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"